Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's going on this week?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:21 AM
  • 22 Replies

Back to school and such today?  Anything planned?

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this

School and work this week.  Nothing too major.  We are supposed to have date night on Friday...dinner and a movie.

jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:13 AM
This is our annual January mid-terms crazy week! Every year, our schools are off for MLK day on Monday and then Tu-F are midterms and 2 hour early dismissal each of those days. Then the kids are off next M and Tu so the teachers can grade the midterms and do semester grades. If it snows (or other winter weather), it messes the entire thing up and everything has to be adjusted. In 13 years of doing this, it has only not been messed up twice! Last year was particularly bad with multiple delays and snow days shifting everything on a daily basis. Tomorrow they are calling for a wintry mix or snow, go figure! Thankfully we have no private therapies this week, so that's nice!
Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:18 AM
Nothing special this week. We're going to the zoo this afternoon to see the dinosaur exhibit because we've been learning about them.
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:19 AM

I need to clean  apartment buildings. And have wic today. Thursday see foot doc. Friday r new advocate comes. She is very shy. So its hard to have a meeting when we both have nothing to say. Chase back to coughing. Jacob is better.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Usual plus some extra dentist/doctoring.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:43 AM
I start school again this week. Not exactly thrilled. Super nervous cuz I bombed last semester.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 21, 2015 at 5:59 AM

Hope everything goes well this week:)

Quoting jjamom: This is our annual January mid-terms crazy week! Every year, our schools are off for MLK day on Monday and then Tu-F are midterms and 2 hour early dismissal each of those days. Then the kids are off next M and Tu so the teachers can grade the midterms and do semester grades. If it snows (or other winter weather), it messes the entire thing up and everything has to be adjusted. In 13 years of doing this, it has only not been messed up twice! Last year was particularly bad with multiple delays and snow days shifting everything on a daily basis. Tomorrow they are calling for a wintry mix or snow, go figure! Thankfully we have no private therapies this week, so that's nice!

jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 21, 2015 at 6:54 AM
Thanks. We are expecting snow today, starting late morning, but our county is sticking with the scheduled 2 hour early dismissal. I hope it's not too nasty when I have to go out picking all the kids up at 12:00-1:30. Thank goodness I have 4 wheel drive now!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hope everything goes well this week:)

Quoting jjamom: This is our annual January mid-terms crazy week! Every year, our schools are off for MLK day on Monday and then Tu-F are midterms and 2 hour early dismissal each of those days. Then the kids are off next M and Tu so the teachers can grade the midterms and do semester grades. If it snows (or other winter weather), it messes the entire thing up and everything has to be adjusted. In 13 years of doing this, it has only not been messed up twice! Last year was particularly bad with multiple delays and snow days shifting everything on a daily basis. Tomorrow they are calling for a wintry mix or snow, go figure! Thankfully we have no private therapies this week, so that's nice!

Cindy18
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 7:03 AM

Nothing special this week. 

I had DS#2's IEP yesterday morning but it was nothing that I didn't expect. Boils down to DS has to step it up and try harder, he has all the tools but doesn't like to use them. I think, *fingers crossed*, he is slowly coming to realize this. 

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:54 AM

normal stuff so far

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)