Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on Brady - Wednesday

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:33 AM
  • 24 Replies

Brady had a really rough night last night.  Having a severely autistic child with a chronic illness is a hard thing to deal with.  He pulled out his entire PICC line last night while his nurse was changing the dressing and cleaning it up.  Blood went everywhere, he was screaming, crying, etc.  It was really rough.  My husband was with him and I was in the hotel sleeping.  They had to sedate Brady to get an other IV in him around midnight.  It was pitiful, and my amazingly strong husband was extremely upset about it all.  

The new plan is for Brady to go into the OR sometime later today or first thing tomorrow morning to get a medical port placed.  A central venous catheter is a tube that goes into a vein in his chest and ends in his heart.  The catheter will be connected to a port that will be under his skin.  This is a longterm way for him to receive IV meds.  He will have this port for years to come until it needs to be replaced.  This won't come out in a few weeks like a PICC line would.  

This is all so stressful and overwhelming, but I couldn't make it without my husband.

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
golfqueen123
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:17 AM

So sorrY!! Really hoping you were going to be able to go home! That would be so hard to experience with your child. God bless your husband!! (and you)  I hope the procedure makes things a little easier on you. Continued prayers for your family!!

MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:20 AM

Major Hugs. I am so sorry Brady had a relapse. You and your family are in our prayers.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:49 AM
*hugs* Darby. We are still praying for Brady and the staff at the hospital.
leomomof3boys
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:03 AM

You may see me struggle
but you won't see me fall.
Regardless if I'm weak or not
I'm going to stand tall.
Everyone says life is easy
but truly living it is not.
Times get hard,
people struggle
and constantly get put on the spot.
I'm going to wear the biggest smile
even though I want to cry.
I'm going to fight to live
even though I'm destined to die.
And even though it's hard
and I may struggle through it all.
You may see me struggle...
but you will NEVER see me fall.

For you Darby and your husband!!

ProudMeof2
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM

hugsI'm so sorry to hear about that. Continued prayers for Brady and so happy to hear you and your husband are pulling strong for each other and Brady.

e-doolittle
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:25 PM
So sorry. Sending you strength
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:13 PM

im speechless

luvnoah10
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:26 PM

Our family continues to pray for yours..to help Brady heal and give you and your husband strength during this difficult time...

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Hugs and prayers, Darby!! Hoping you get some good news today!

CBMama06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:31 PM
So sorry to hear that! Pray it all gets better.
The medical port will be a lifesaver. My nephew has had his since he was maybe 7( he'll be 10 this year) for his sickle cell disease. Only thing is that he has to go monthly to get it flushed. My sister said its worth it because he no longer fights the nurses. It'll all be just fine mama! ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)