Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Allergy clinic **update**

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:39 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

We are sitting in the office waiting to see the dr and if he is going to do the testing today or exactly what is going to go on.

UPDATE: Ok he came in and after talking decided to do the testing. They put the allergen stuff on the inside of her forearms and she look liked she was going to cry when she saw the trays of stuff. After the 15-20 minutes it turns out that she has NO allergies. Woo Hoo!

I am so glad that she doesn't because I was not looking forward to her having to have another Dr or having to have shots. 

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:50 PM
Good luck!

We are in the waiting room of car dealer waiting for oil change...

Big day of waiting!
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Someone should be able to tell you what is going on. If they can't, that would indicate a problem. Did you ask?

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:05 PM
Ok Dr decided to do the testing. Lina looked like she was going to cry when she saw the trays, but she did really good. Now waiting for the time to be up. She's telling me she itches really really bad. She wants to scratch so badly she is getting whiney.
SwtMom2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:27 PM
Hugs mama! I went through that with DS. He had the prick test when he was 4. It showed dust mite allergy. Later we did the needle tests when he was 7. It showed many more allergies. He has been getting allergy shots for almost a year now and has improved so much!!
mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:43 PM
*hugs*
jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:01 PM
Oh no, did she have to get all the shots? Poor girl!
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I hate waiting. You didn't have to wait too long did you? But it turned out good. She doesn't have any allergies. It is just bothersome to her like it is with just about everyone when the pollen and dust are high.  

Quoting SamMom912: Good luck! We are in the waiting room of car dealer waiting for oil change... Big day of waiting!

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:35 PM

We were having to wait because it was only the Dr and one nurse. She doesn't have allergies though, so that is really good. 

Quoting MamaLauri:

Someone should be able to tell you what is going on. If they can't, that would indicate a problem. Did you ask?

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:40 PM

They did the skin prick test and it showed that she wasn't allergic to anything not even mildly. He uses that to start so that he isn't having to put a kid with little or not allergies thru the long needle testing process. He said that she just has the normal reaction to the environment when the pollen or dust gets really high. He said that the reason the Zyrtec wasn't working was because it is for allergies and she wasn't having the actual allergic reaction to things. The only thing that he didn't test for was venoms because that needs to be done at the hospital and not in an office. 

So NO new doctor or treatments YAY!!!

Quoting SwtMom2: Hugs mama! I went through that with DS. He had the prick test when he was 4. It showed dust mite allergy. Later we did the needle tests when he was 7. It showed many more allergies. He has been getting allergy shots for almost a year now and has improved so much!!

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Thanks. It was rather quick and she did really good.

Quoting mandee1503: *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)