Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What meds ( if tried any ) have worked for your Sped child ?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:29 AM
  • 26 Replies

for behavior , attention , sleep , and the like .

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:09 PM

None, but we have all these issues.

jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:46 PM
We don't really have any of those issues, except occasionally with sleep.
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Sleep and attention aren't really issues,,, behavior,,, well... LOL, Sam has high anxiety and is currently on a low dosage of Prozac. We have just increased it in the hopes it becomes more managable in difficult situations... Sam is great in "daily" stuff... But when faced with tough stuff (visiting school, talking with strangers... He doesn't do too well) 

Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:01 PM

My youngest is on Trazadone, Clonidine and Clonazipam for sleep, oldest son is on Concerta, Risperdal for behavior and his ADHD and on Mirtazipine and Clonidine for sleep.

AudlyLuvly
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:16 PM
We have a good mix of clonidine, resperidol, focalin, and intunitive (i think that's how you spell it)
leomomof3boys
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:17 PM

They are serqueal and Adderall and Trazodone

Which have you tried?

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:55 PM

We use vivance, Clonidine and melatonin for sleep. the melatonin works great for sleep as long as I remember to not give it to him every few days. The vivance made big changes at first but he seems to be struggling again. 

MamaCeleste0722
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:32 PM
My kids take methylin ER. But we're going to have to try to find another med because the med's prices have gone up. One of my kids was $169!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Does insurance not cover the cost? Can you not get state health insurance on top of the private? Here you can get the state care if you prove a special need for it. Some have to pay a monthly cost for it but it's is around $20-$40 a month. A lot less then the cost of meds and it covers copays for all Drs visits. 

Quoting MamaCeleste0722: My kids take methylin ER. But we're going to have to try to find another med because the med's prices have gone up. One of my kids was $169!

MamaCeleste0722
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:00 PM
Yeah that is with insurance :( hmm I am not sure if we can do that. I tried to get CHIPS but we didn't qualify (we are in TX). I will have to look into it. It would be so helpful if we could!

Quoting Jessiejack:

Does insurance not cover the cost? Can you not get state health insurance on top of the private? Here you can get the state care if you prove a special need for it. Some have to pay a monthly cost for it but it's is around $20-$40 a month. A lot less then the cost of meds and it covers copays for all Drs visits. 

Quoting MamaCeleste0722: My kids take methylin ER. But we're going to have to try to find another med because the med's prices have gone up. One of my kids was $169!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)