Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nightmare

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:34 AM
  • 21 Replies
DS has been having a lot of nightmares lately and it's always the same thing. It's him turning into or waking up as a monster and people trying to hurt him because of it.

I feel like the dreams are about him feeling different about himself. I wish he could just see that being different is ok.
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:55 AM
*hugs*
jjamom
by Michele on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:04 PM
Poor kid!

How old is he again? I used to have vivid, horrible nightmares as a kid. I sympathize!
SwtMom2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:15 PM
Thanks

Quoting mandee1503: *hugs*
SwtMom2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:16 PM
He is 9.

Quoting jjamom: Poor kid!

How old is he again? I used to have vivid, horrible nightmares as a kid. I sympathize!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww.  That's sad.  Maybe a book that it's ok to be different?  We have several kid friendly ones on autism, downs, adhd, and General SN.  Maybe there is one for his disability or just a general.  A Rainbow of Friends is my favorite!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Awww.  That's sad.  Maybe a book that it's ok to be different?  We have several kid friendly ones on autism, downs, adhd, and General SN.  Maybe there is one for his disability or just a general.  A Rainbow of Friends is my favorite!

SwtMom2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:22 PM
Maybe. I'll check them out. He is still embarrassed and doesn't want people to know. I hope he can get past it and feel good in his own skin.

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe a school counselor could help him work through some of those feelings and help him find acceptance of his differences.  

Quoting SwtMom2: Maybe. I'll check them out. He is still embarrassed and doesn't want people to know. I hope he can get past it and feel good in his own skin.
Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:08 PM

Does he take any medication? I'm not sure what his SN is. If he is taking medicaiton maybe between that and his feeling different is causing all of this. 

I had to take a medication that they didn't realize would interact in a really weird way with another med I was on and a couple of nights I had bizzare dreams then suddenly I began to sleep walk and do strange things. One night I sat in front of the bookcase and commenced to glue the sunday comics to the shelves! The next night I was sitting behind the couch with the ashtray and my SS asked me what I was doing and I told him I was looking for the gold that was buried in the pot. Needless to say my DR told me to stop taking the new medication.

SwtMom2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:32 PM
He has Tourette Syndrome. He is not on any medication right now.

Quoting Linagma03:

Does he take any medication? I'm not sure what his SN is. If he is taking medicaiton maybe between that and his feeling different is causing all of this. 

I had to take a medication that they didn't realize would interact in a really weird way with another med I was on and a couple of nights I had bizzare dreams then suddenly I began to sleep walk and do strange things. One night I sat in front of the bookcase and commenced to glue the sunday comics to the shelves! The next night I was sitting behind the couch with the ashtray and my SS asked me what I was doing and I told him I was looking for the gold that was buried in the pot. Needless to say my DR told me to stop taking the new medication.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)