Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interactive metronome

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:10 AM
  • 12 Replies
Anyone's child ever do IM or have experience with it?
Do you think it helps?
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Rhythm and music are very important to developing the sense of time and movement. So yes, in theory, this can help. I have never dealt directly with this type of therapy. I cannot say how worthwhile it is. It is likely to bring some benefit. There is no one answer. So depends on the time and cost you would need to invest.

Caidysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:49 AM
I understand everyone will be of a different opinion :)
We are doing it for focus. I have to call the OT today to try and set up a schedule . The pedi says we can try it and if it doesn't help, we will need to be eval'd by a pycologist (spelling) for possible ADD and meds.
I would like to stay away from meds as much as possible.
Just wanted to see if anyone else has tried IM and what they think the results were :)

Quoting MamaLauri:

Rhythm and music are very important to developing the sense of time and movement. So yes, in theory, this can help. I have never dealt directly with this type of therapy. I cannot say how worthwhile it is. It is likely to bring some benefit. There is no one answer. So depends on the time and cost you would need to invest.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:53 AM
No experience.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:06 AM

I have seen the program and got to try it out.  It's kind of cool, but I did not move forward with it for my kids.  I didn't think they could do the command to clap on time, so couldn't see the benefit.

Caidysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:10 AM
Gotcha !
Caidence is 9. I think the hardest part for her is to keep "still" and listen to the commands for such a long period .

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I have seen the program and got to try it out.  It's kind of cool, but I did not move forward with it for my kids.  I didn't think they could do the command to clap on time, so couldn't see the benefit.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:15 AM

If she likes music, it may keep her interest.  My kids were four and would listen, but did not get that they were suppose to clap.  Still at 6.5 they do not clap on command, but mine are lower functioning kiddos.

Quoting Caidysmom: Gotcha ! Caidence is 9. I think the hardest part for her is to keep "still" and listen to the commands for such a long period .
Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Caidysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:29 AM
My 3 almost 4 year old is actually my SN kiddo.
I never even realized Caidence was having so many sensory and focus issues . She in 3rd grade now. Every parent teacher conference ( once a year) her teachers have said how bright she is, but she doesn't pay attention. She doodles or daydreams. She's always gotten A's and is so well behaved.
But in the last few months her focus has become increasingly worse.
It takes her over an hour to shower. Her grades dropped (a few Bs ) and she just doesn't seem to know what's going on around her.
I'm hoping intensive IM helps !

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

If she likes music, it may keep her interest.  My kids were four and would listen, but did not get that they were suppose to clap.  Still at 6.5 they do not clap on command, but mine are lower functioning kiddos.

Quoting Caidysmom: Gotcha !
Caidence is 9. I think the hardest part for her is to keep "still" and listen to the commands for such a long period .

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

jjamom
by Michele on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:37 AM
No experience, but good luck to you all. I hope it helps!
Caidysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, Michele :)

Quoting jjamom: No experience, but good luck to you all. I hope it helps!
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:53 PM
Keep us posted!!! Hoping this works out for her!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)