Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please pray for our beloved kitty

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:26 AM
  • 15 Replies
Came home from work yesterday to find our family kitty laying on floor meowing...picked her up and put her on the bed and she fell over...she couldn't use her back legs..me my husband and ds took spent 2 hours at the vet last evening getting tests,exams etc to find out she probably threw a blood clot to her legs...doctor gave me heparin shots to try for the next 2 days to see if it reverses the paralysis of her legs but it's probably unlikely...she couldn't feel pulses in her legs and they were cool to touch...still I'm praying that the medicine works...she is 13 years old and a big part of our family..but it's so sad to watch her just lay and meow. ..sadly if the medicine doesn't work..we will have to let her go :(
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:42 AM

I'm so sorry!!  Our kitty hit that stage last year at 15.  We had to carry her to food, water, litter.  It was painful to watch and not be able to help.  I'll pray you get better results than we did.  Pets are so special!

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:09 AM
I hope the medicine works. It's so hard to see a beloved pet struggle and even harder to have to let them go. Hugs!
aidensmomma508
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Aww so sorry to hear! I hope she's feeling better soon

MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:12 PM

I am so sorry. Your kitty and family is in my prayers.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:55 PM

I am so sorry for you guys. I know how hard it is when they begin to have medical problems that can't be fixed. Making that decision was the hardest thing I ever had to do. 

letstalk747
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:10 PM

cryingpraying

luvnoah10
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Update. ..sadly our kitty's condition declined over the last 36 hours and she passed away at home this morning...thank you ladies for all your kindness and prayers...
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 5:22 PM

I'm so sorry.  Losing a pet is so hard!  Hugs!

luvnoah10
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 7:07 PM
Thank u

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I'm so sorry.  Losing a pet is so hard!  Hugs!

LadyAmaranth
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 7:18 PM
Ah I'm sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)