Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

depends vs goodnites tmi

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:58 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hey I'm Wendy just joining the group again. My son is 9 and goodnites are too small now so I bought adult size depends, also a store brand. Both last about a hour sometimes less. And then it soaks his clothes. My son does drink a lot of water though. Goodnites lasted longer. Luckily he started to have BM in the toilet this summer so we are getting closer to potty training but not yet. What kind does your child wear? Help! 

-Peepee diaper lol

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:23 PM

In our state over age 4 if still in diapers many insurances will pay for them through a medical supply company.  Maybe you could look into that.  They have more absorbent ones for incontinence than are on market.  They also have liners for extra absorbency if you need more.

rebecca_new_mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Quoting Momof4AEMW:

In our state over age 4 if still in diapers many insurances will pay for them through a medical supply company.  Maybe you could look into that.  They have more absorbent ones for incontinence than are on market.  They also have liners for extra absorbency if you need more.

My son is 3 and also receives the medical supply diapers after receiving ASD diagnosis and the prescription reads 'incontinence' also. But the quality they send us is crap. Ethan won't even wear them. I wonder what's a good brand?...
For now we are using the Goodnites.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:34 PM

That stinks.  My daughter is still small enough for the larger than commercial size pampers, so we haven't hit the others yet.  A friend had them though and said they were ok.  Can they get you the good nights and have them covered?

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:
Quoting Momof4AEMW:

My son is 3 and also receives the medical supply diapers after receiving ASD diagnosis and the prescription reads 'incontinence' also. But the quality they send us is crap. Ethan won't even wear them. I wonder what's a good brand?... For now we are using the Goodnites.

rebecca_new_mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:19 PM
[quote name="Momof4AEMW" id="0"]

That stinks.  My daughter is still small enough for the larger than commercial size pampers, so we haven't hit the others yet.  A friend had them though and said they were ok.  Can they get you the good nights and have them covered?

[quote name="rebecca_new_mom"] [quote

Maybe, I'd have to check. We've also used the Pampers size 7.

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:17 PM

hi Wendy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my son wore adult small to medium

aidensmomma508
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Thanks ladies 

lissadavis
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My lo with inconvenience issues is only 7, but we use pantyliners for incontinence during the day and goodnights at night.
Yesihave6kids19
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:07 PM
Step one buy adult diapers! step two buy overnight pad cut off the plastic backing insert in diaper! 10 times more absorbent and they will fit!
aidensmomma508
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Is the over night pad like a panty liner type thing? 

Quoting Yesihave6kids19: Step one buy adult diapers! step two buy overnight pad cut off the plastic backing insert in diaper! 10 times more absorbent and they will fit!

Yesihave6kids19
by on Oct. 10, 2015 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
No heavy flow pads!

Quoting aidensmomma508:

Is the over night pad like a panty liner type thing? 

Quoting Yesihave6kids19: Step one buy adult diapers! step two buy overnight pad cut off the plastic backing insert in diaper! 10 times more absorbent and they will fit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)