Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess I'm not fine???

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm a pretty positive person.  I just take what we're dealt and move forward.  I'm happy and blessed with the kids I have.  It doesn't mean I don't get tired, stressed, overwhelmed, but I just get up and do it again the next day.  What choice do I have?  Today my day was halted by high BP.  I was dizzy and couldn't stay awake.  I was literally shut down today.  I've had it since my last pregnancy that never resolved, and I take daily meds.  We all know taking care of us is hard, and I need to make myself a better priority.  The stress and anxiety just get my body even if my mind holds strong.

So I'm talking to our ABA today about it and tell her I don't get it, I don't even feel stressed today.  I wasn't having an anxiety day.  We had a calm, stress free weekend.  She asked if I'm just burnt from the 11 extra appointments the kids had in the last two weeks.  I'm like, no, just tired.  She asks if I'm nervous about son's EEG this week.  I say no, but I need to get ready for that.  She asks if I'm stressed about the 4 conferences this week.  I say no, but I should be thinking about those.  She asks if I'm stressed about oldest going through some tough tween mental health concerns.  I'm like, yea, but not even thinking about it today.  She asks if I'm stressed about hubs upcoming layoff or kids losing services Jan 1.  I'm like, no, not today.  She's like, do you want me to go on, lol?  Then I realize, ok all she just listed, even if I'm not thinking about it, it's there.  And I guess I'm not fine.  Ugh!  Now how to get fine...

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
OhSara87
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no clue but here's a hug!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Thanks.

Quoting OhSara87: I have no clue but here's a hug!

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

If I had the answer to that question I would be a very, very wealthy woman.

Here is a big Bear Hug you need it!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Thanks!

Quoting Linagma03:

If I had the answer to that question I would be a very, very wealthy woman.

Here is a big Bear Hug you need it!

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 27, 2015 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
You are a very strong person. You roll with the punches. But you also have so much on your plate and everyone has a limit. Our bodies definitely react when that limit is reached. Take care of yourself! I wish I was closer and could give you a break. Hugs!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

Quoting jjamom: You are a very strong person. You roll with the punches. But you also have so much on your plate and everyone has a limit. Our bodies definitely react when that limit is reached. Take care of yourself! I wish I was closer and could give you a break. Hugs!

Caidysmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this
That's a lot for anybody. I too, think I'm ok with everything. Then I get overwhelmed.
All you can do is , check one thing at a time. I personally have a lot looming over my head as well. One day, one appointment, one phone call, at a time!!!!

Hugs!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)