Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried about surgery

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok, so this Wednesday my dd is having surgery on her legs. They're going to cut both Achilles tendons and then put her in casts to hopefully get her tendons to grow so eventually she might be able to walk. It's only supposed to be an hour procedure and we should go home that day. What's terrifying me is the recovery......I'm worried about how much pain she'd going to be in and she's already not good at communicating pain. Also, she'll be pretty much entirely immobile because she gets around by crawling at home and I'm worried she's going to get hurt by trying to do too much.

Anyone else go through this surgery with their kids?
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rebecca_new_mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:41 PM

No but I wish her and you the best of luck. You will certainly be in my thoughts this Wednesday.

melindabelcher
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:56 PM
No ((hugs))
I hope everything goes well
jjamom
by Michele on Mar. 14, 2016 at 9:46 AM
Sending prayers and good thoughts that it goes well and it's a smooth recovery.
NYmama96
by Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 10:01 AM
It will be OK. They will probably send you home with a liquid narcotic pain reliever. I would for the first couple of days just follow the directions to allow her to start healing without too much pain. By the third day all other meds will be completely out of her system them just be observerant of her actions to determine if she needs something for pain.

I've gone through 2 surgeries with 2 of my children and my 3rd child needs multiple surgeries definitely not looking forward to that.
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 14, 2016 at 10:35 AM
We've never had that surgery, but I found that with my son- the recovery is always easier/better/quicker than I feared it would be with all of his surgeries!
Good luck this week!
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2016 at 12:56 AM
No experience but I'm sending big hugs and good wishes for both of you!
Robin-Christine
by Member on Mar. 15, 2016 at 3:39 AM

Is it possible to admit her for 24 hours post op with IV pain meds? If not give her her pain meds as prescribed the 1st couple of days. Hugs and prayers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)