Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tip Toe walking

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
My daughter is almost 9 yrs old n she has been walking on her tippie toes since she was little. Should I worried or will she out grow it?
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebecca_new_mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:11 PM
How often does she do it? Have you mentioned it to her pediatrician? If she's doing it all the time it might not be great for her feet.
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:29 PM
I have mild cp. Im 34 years old. I learn to walk on my toes. It got harder as i got older cause the kids would notice i walk and run different. My mother never did anything for me. No braces. I still walk on my toes .
jjamom
by Michele on Mar. 14, 2016 at 9:52 AM
Does she have special needs of any kind? Sometimes toe walking can be an indicator of special needs. I would talk to the pediatrician and see what he/she thinks.
NYmama96
by Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 9:55 AM
I still walk on my toes and so do 2 of my sons. My brother, mother, aunts, cousins all did too

It is really good for balance. Just curious does she have high arches?
cookiemonster77
by on Mar. 14, 2016 at 9:58 AM

Does she do it all day? Pretty sure that means her tendons or muscles in her leg are now shortened and she can't walk flat footed. At least that's what the results are of women who wear high heels or walk on tip toes for prolonged periods. You should talk to her dr about stretches she can do to make sure it doesn't become a permanent issue

hotmomofmakayla
by Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 10:06 AM
She has anxiety and ADD.

Quoting jjamom: Does she have special needs of any kind? Sometimes toe walking can be an indicator of special needs. I would talk to the pediatrician and see what he/she thinks.
hotmomofmakayla
by Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 10:11 AM

Mobile Photo

Here is how her feet are shaped.

Quoting NYmama96: I still walk on my toes and so do 2 of my sons. My brother, mother, aunts, cousins all did too

NYmama96
by Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 10:16 AM
Yep that is why she walks on her tip toes. Nice high arches. Not as high as mine but still high. It is completely normal don't really know why but it is.

Just be sure to check her shoes for good arch support. The best shoes I have found for me is Asics

Quoting hotmomofmakayla:

Mobile Photo

Here is how her feet are shaped.

Quoting NYmama96: I still walk on my toes and so do 2 of my sons. My brother, mother, aunts, cousins all did too

jesusrocks2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Talk to her pediatrician

Yamilajigsaw ribbonamerican flag ribbon

LadyAmaranth
by on Mar. 17, 2016 at 11:44 AM

My oldest did when he was smaller but he outgrew it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)