Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kids more tired during the school year?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:23 AM
  • 11 Replies

School has only been in session for about 3 weeks but my son is ready to knock out by bedtime. As much as he wants a later bedtime because he is in middle school now, I KNOW him. I know his signs of tiredness and when he does go to bed, he is asleep no more than 10 minutes later.
School is wearing him out!

Are your kids tired when they get home from school or just ready to go to sleep at bedtime? 

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleLZ
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:44 AM
My kids are exhausted when they get home and it's made worse by having to do things like their dyslexia tutoring, speech therapy etc (we're adding vision therapy too). But they still fight bedtime every night and my son doesn't sleep without his sleep medication.
jjamom
by Michele on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:45 AM
My son is usually tired at bedtime whether in school or not. But, he does seem more tired during the school year.
rebecca_new_mom
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Yes, they are both more tired.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:55 PM

She is tired when she gets home but she refuses to give in then and take a little nap. She will ask me at dinner time "do I look tired?" and I know it is her way of telling me that she is tired.  

ame19
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:56 PM
Yup. By the time DS1 gets home, he'll grab a snack and pass out. I wake him up to eat supper and then he'll be fine for a little while and then he'll be back out.
mom18103
by Lisa on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:22 PM
Yes he definitely gets worn down faster
HappyFamilyOf5
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:07 PM

He is more tired during the school year. And on days he has therapies and karate, he is exhausted way before bedtime and I let him go to sleep whenever on those night and not wait for bedtime.

jlop0004
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Yes he is. If he doesn't take a 30 minute nap after school, then sometimes he'll take an early shower and be in bed by 8 or 9:00.
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 8:34 PM
Jacob will tell me room tired around 8 or 9. So he goes to bed early for me. Chase is a fight and wont go to bed untill he past tired
rommom6201
by on Sep. 9, 2016 at 1:33 PM

Yes, my son is exhausted at the end of the day, but thinks he should be able to go to bed later "like everyone else". I remind him each night that rest will give him more energy and brain power for the next day. I agree with you, @reina13, we need to keep these boys in a healthy sleep cycle. We can do this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)