Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who else is having crazy weather?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:53 PM
  • 19 Replies
Last Saturday we had snow and it is was really cold. It warmed up this week and was in the mid 60's yesterday. Today is pretty mild, so far, but temps are supposed to start dropping and we're going to have another round of winter weather tomorrow morning. From 60's to snow and ice in 2 days! LOL. Anyone else?
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Its been cold. But weather been saying for sunday it could turn bad cause of the ice. So talk around r town if we get hit no school monday.
jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:15 PM
I am wanting a snow day so bad, but so far, they keep falling on Saturdays. 😕

Quoting N.Carter2001: Its been cold. But weather been saying for sunday it could turn bad cause of the ice. So talk around r town if we get hit no school monday.
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:55 PM

Ours has been going up and down too. So far hardly any snow at all but we've gotten temps only in the upper 30's then it goes up to about normal temps of upper 40's then drops back down again. We've even had a few days were we weren't even at freezing a day or two.

So far no snow days. They have had 1 day where they had a 2 hour delay due to frozen roads. Our normal winter according to the weatherpeople is wet, temps upper 40's to mid 50's but when we get the cold everything freezes and it gets rather nasty. The kids pray for snow but getting it when they predict it is hit and miss depending at what altitude you live around here. 

It was so strange when I first moved here to hear the weatherman talk about snow if you lived at 1000 feet or 500 feet or they would just refer to it as "lowland snow depending on where you live" I had to learn what our altitude was where we lived so that I would have a better idea if we were going to get the snow they were talking about. Right now I live at just shy of 500 feet. When we lived in the country we were at 562 feet.

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:52 PM
Quoting jjamom: I am wanting a snow day so bad, but so far, they keep falling on Saturdays. 😕

Quoting N.Carter2001: Its been cold. But weather been saying for sunday it could turn bad cause of the ice. So talk around r town if we get hit no school monday.

We have had very little snow. No snow days yet. But that may happen monday and tuesday. but its not snow its going to be ice.
mom18103
by Lisa on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:01 PM
Our weather has been the same
MikeysMom22
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:40 AM

We didn't have snow and ice but lots of rain for about 3 days, now supposed to be sunny and mid 50's for the next several days and then rain again next Thursday and Fri. I think about 1 to 1 1/2 inches on Thursday. 

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 6:03 AM

Yep.. I live near Buffalo and we always have crazy weather, but the past week or so has been nuts. SUPER cold, then it was warm, now it's cold and about to warm up again. Just give me spring and constant warmer temps and I will be good and the kids can stop fighting me to bundle up. 

kinshipcaremama
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 7:49 AM
We have so much snow that the roof on a local school gymnastics caved in. All the schools were then closed for inspection of the roofs. We haven't had a full week of school since early December. It's been crazy!!
jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 14, 2017 at 8:56 AM
Oh that's awful! Where are you located? My Aunt posted pics on FB from Eastern Oregon and they have had massive amount of snow the last week or so.

Quoting kinshipcaremama: We have so much snow that the roof on a local school gymnastics caved in. All the schools were then closed for inspection of the roofs. We haven't had a full week of school since early December. It's been crazy!!
jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 14, 2017 at 8:58 AM
Being in Buffalo, I'm sure you're used to the snow! It's the up and down that's so odd. Your poor kids are probably so confused (and ready for Spring already)!

Quoting TommyAbby:

Yep.. I live near Buffalo and we always have crazy weather, but the past week or so has been nuts. SUPER cold, then it was warm, now it's cold and about to warm up again. Just give me spring and constant warmer temps and I will be good and the kids can stop fighting me to bundle up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)