Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:01 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hello,

My names Rachel. I am a mother of 3 with my youngest being special needs. He is 4 years old. He was a preemie and has had hearing loss since birth, speech delay, devlopmental delay and just recently diagnosed with epilepsy.

I joined Cafemom because i dont get out much because i dont trust anyone to take care of my son other than my mom who is a RN and she helps me out by watching the kids the 3 days a week i work. I am stressed and worried All the time.

Since he has been placed on his epilepsy medicine we are now dealing with bad behaviors and outburst and i dont know how to handle them. I feel my other children arent getting the time and attention they need and deserve. Im just overwhelmed.
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group Rachel. I'm Michele and I have three kids as well. My youngest is now 11 and has Down syndrome. We only leave him with family too. It's too scary otherwise. It can be isolating, I know. We're here for you!
LancesMom
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom and the group!

Can you get the other kids to help. Working as a group will get you spending time together. 

outer.banks
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Rachel,

I know it can be such an overwhelming time. I come to CafeMom for the same and I've made so many friends here who know what I go through on a daily basis.

Please jump into the conversations, we're here to listen, give comfort and support, make you laugh or whatever you need.

ilovemyson2002
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

hi and welcome      

babyboxfish
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome

golfqueen123
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the group!  I have to boys one with special needs.  I really don't get out much either as my mom is the only person I have as a babysitter and I don't feel comfortable with anyone else really.  It does get overwhelming at times!  Glad you joined the group!

Sassym0m24
by Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome mama!

I've read about "the wrong seizure meds" for a person's personal chemistry causing hormonal imbalance psychologically before:(

I hope they figure out a better fit :(
mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 23, 2017 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group.

I would request a different seizure medicine. There are many kinds and have different side effects.
LadyAmaranth
by on Feb. 25, 2017 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

**Hugs** and Welcome!!
I'm Hillarie. I'm mom to 3 SN boys. My oldest has issues with aggression and violent behaviors so I feel as you do about my other two not getting as much. Its a hard hill to climb, I'm sorry you are on it.
Have you requested new meds for his seizures? If that seems to be where the behavior shifted so badly, they should be able to put him on something he won't react to as badly. :)

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2017 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)