Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summers almost over.

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:19 AM
  • 8 Replies

Is everyone ready for school to start? I'm not sure I'm ready it means that I will have to start getting up at 5 again. UGH!!

Lina goes back on the 5th of Sept. We just finished getting all of her school supplies and just have to go back for a lunchbox. I had to convince her to let her sister take hers to transport her allergy serum to college. So she gets to pick out a new one. Hard to believe she's going to be in the 8th grade. On August 24th she has her orientation to get her schedule, pictures, ASB card, PE uniform, and school spirit gear. Just before school starts the State Fair begins and runs the majority of the month. 

This summer we've managed to go camping 3 times and hope to get one more trip in before school starts as well as a trip to the wildlife park. 

All in All a pretty good summer. 

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •          blowing bubbles                  
  •       Lina special to us all!             
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so glad school is back in here. My kids were driving me bonkers! Lol
michele115
by Michele on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Today was the 3rd day. After it took 3 teachers to get Logan out of the car on Friday I'll have to start parking and dragging him out. Today his regular strict teacher came to get him. He tried to buckle himself back in but he got out like she told him to. Kid does not like school.
jjamom
by Michele on Aug. 15, 2017 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope things get easier! I feel your pain! We've had a couple of days like that the past couple of years. My son used to LOVE school.

Quoting michele115: Today was the 3rd day. After it took 3 teachers to get Logan out of the car on Friday I'll have to start parking and dragging him out. Today his regular strict teacher came to get him. He tried to buckle himself back in but he got out like she told him to. Kid does not like school.
jjamom
by Michele on Aug. 15, 2017 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Alex starts Middle School this year, but they don't go back until the day after Labor Day this year! It's been a weird and kind of blah summer, but hubby and I are going on a trip beginning Thursday and then after we get back, we're taking the kids to the beach for a long weekend over Labor Day, so I am hoping it will all be relaxing and rejuvenating. I am not looking forward to school starting again, especially with middle school and everything brand new, I am very apprehensive.
ilovemyson2002
by Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:59 PM

my youngest went back today and my oldest doesnt go back until 18th of august 

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:15 PM

Mine go back Sept 5th.

romangio12
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you kept everyone busy with fun stuff. That is great. I know I am not ready for school to start, but I am always up cuz of my 6 month old anyway so early wake up is not an issue. I am just hoping it is not difficult switching up her morning schedule getting DS to school. It will be trial and error for sure.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 2:17 PM

I have the opposite issue with Lina she loves school. I can use the threat of not going to school when I need to and she straightens out immediately! Also when she is sick and can't go I have to fight with her because even if she is vomitting she thinks she is just fine and can go to school, she's had a couple of meltdowns on top of being sick. I have gotten now to where I try really hard to make Dr appts so that she can either go to school and I pick her up just before school is out or in the morning so that I can drop her off so she can finish her day. The days she has to miss the whole day she is a pain in butt most of the day. :)

Quoting michele115: Today was the 3rd day. After it took 3 teachers to get Logan out of the car on Friday I'll have to start parking and dragging him out. Today his regular strict teacher came to get him. He tried to buckle himself back in but he got out like she told him to. Kid does not like school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)