Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brain Balance

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 9:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
Has anyone ever used this therapy? If so how was it? I'm considering it for my son. It's very costly and I don't want to be taken advantage of. Thanks!
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michele115
by Michele on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:11 PM
Never heard of it. What is it?
Stephw1110
by Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

So I have heard of it and my BIL and his wife have been taking their son for about a month now.  They basically assign you exercises to catch up your kid's non-dominate hemisphere.  They also encourage diet changes and supplementation.  It's not cheap though.  But the guy who developed the programs has written books that basically outline the entire program.  You can do a lot of the stuff in your own home.  "Disconnected kids" it's really interesting.  I've heard of people taking their kids for the initial evaluation and then just making up their own program at home.  

Marti123
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM
I asked this question in mom's confession. I got mixed reviews and decided I would prefer to save our money for a special school for kids with LD that costs a ton of money. We are still in public school for now.
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

They follow decent principals but do not teach the family so people see an improvement that disappears after the treatment stops. ASD and ADHD is a neuroimmune developmental learning challenge. The sensitivity to the environment and learning differences are managed but does not go away. A good program or team will demand to teach you. The things you learn are good for all, but necessary for the sensitive. Brain balance is good for those with money who can't or are not interested in taking responsibly for their enviornmentally-sensitive child.

I would also say that it is good for those, who can afford it, needing help getting started and are willing to learn what is needed on their own.

romangio12
by Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't know about this one. My son is in play therapy.
Gloria1025
by Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 4:53 AM
They advertise a lot near me but I don't know anyone who has tried them. I am interested in others experiences too. Thanks for posting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)