Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SUCH GREAT NEWS!!

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:18 AM
  • 4 Replies

Today, my 2 youngest, who both have special needs, did some stuff I think is great!

My 3 year old son Parker has severe CP and severe learning disabiities. He rolled over completely, sat up on his own, said "Mama love" and, I almost can not belive it, he walked with a walker! We were told he would always need AFOs, but he has never needed them, and after he just walked, they said he may never need them.

My 1 year old son Hunter has down syndrome and speech delays. He walked today, he said "Toast" "Mac" pretty clearly, and he as well may never need AFOs.

I am sorry if it sounds like I am bragging. I am definitly not. I just want to share the news. Again, sorry if it sounds like I am trying to brag.

by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
golfqueen123
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:24 PM

That is awesome for both your kids!!!  You have every right to be super proud!!  I have a 10 year old boy with down syndrome and he is still struggling with speech, so that is fantastic!!!!

jjsong
by on Oct. 5, 2017 at 11:49 PM

How exciting for you and what a blessing it was for anyone reading your post.  Triumphs and joy come in all types of situations especially for those who have to work harder to make it happen.  Thanks for sharing such a hopeful message.  My prayers are with you as you parent these very special children that God has entrusted to you.  

romangio12
by Member on Oct. 11, 2017 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so awesome! Brag away!
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 5:34 PM

clappingThat is great! Brag all you want. Here EVERYONE knows that the smallest things are the greatest especially when a Doctor says that they probably will never do this or that. 

When Lina buttoned her pajama shirt all by herself I was so excited because she was 9 or 10 at the time. My husband couldn't understand why I was so excited, the other family memebers had the same response. I was almost jumping up and down I was so excited. I came here and told everyone and they were just as excited as I was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)