Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Respite

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2017 at 7:33 AM
  • 4 Replies

Yes we use it at least once a month. My husband goes out once a month. I have heard wonderful things like you really need to do it. I have also heard must be nice to go out once a month. I say it sure is and it still will be when my son is 50 years old we still will be caring for him and still be going to get respite andI say thanks for telling me it is nice. Lol. I kill them with kindness lol. 

by on Oct. 14, 2017 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 14, 2017 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Whoever said that probably has no clue what it's like to be responsible for another person 24/7. Everyone needs a break. We don't do respite, but that's only because we have family who have always provided care for my son.
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't use respite either but I have a brother in law that will watch her for 2-3 hours so my husband and I can go out on occassion. 

There are many times that I feel like I should get respite from both my husband and Lina because I have to take care of him since he has health issues as well. LOL! 

Thoroughrob
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2017 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Make sure you get on the waiting lists now for the Medicaid waivers, even if you really don't want them now.  There is a long waiting list and it takes a long time to get.  You will be glad you did.  It goes by the childs income and not yours.

Lifeisajoy9
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:47 AM
We have consolidated waiver. Yes we were on list for 6 years.

Quoting Thoroughrob:

Make sure you get on the waiting lists now for the Medicaid waivers, even if you really don't want them now.  There is a long waiting list and it takes a long time to get.  You will be glad you did.  It goes by the childs income and not yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)