Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Has anyone else in your family adopted or is/was a foster parent?

Posted by   + Show Post

Has anyone else in your family adopted or is/was a foster parent?

Due in October? Join us in October 2011 Babies!  

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Replies (11-13):
Trying2LiveLife
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:40 PM
My MIL was adopted It definately helps with understanding.
scaryfairy81
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:42 AM

My cousin was adopted as an infant by my aunt and uncle, I was only a few months old myself at the time and he and I pretty much grew up together. I don't really know any details because I guess nobody felt like sharing that stuff with the little ones of the family, but as far as I know they were always open with him about what they knew about his background. A close friend of mine is adopted, hers was closed and happened in the mid 80s through the LDS church and she's been trying to locate her biological mother for a few years and keeps running into brick walls, she says the church keeps things pretty cryptic regarding adoptions and it's hard to locate anyone and she's very discouraged. And another good friend of mine placed her first child for adoption with her aunt when she was a teenager. I know having these viewpoints is really helpful to me when I want to better understand things Aiden might feel as he grows up, and to see things from the opposite side, the birth/bio mom's point of view. It also makes me feel very grateful we have a good relationship with Aiden's birthmom, and that if Aiden has questions or concerns when he gets older about his family, all he has to do is pick up a phone and call them, or we can go for a visit.

anjol35
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I was (taking a break) a foster mom for 3yrs and adopted my daughter through foster care. My dad is adopted so i always knew that i would adopt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN