Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Getting to know YOU (OT)

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hey Mommas!

This is just a lil fun post to get to know each other a little better.

What is your name?

What do you usually eat for breakfast?

Would you rather swim in a lake or an ocean?

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be (for a vacation)?

What are your favorite quotes?

Who inspires you?

Due in October? Join us in October 2011 Babies!  

by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harmony7
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 1:05 PM

What is your name?   Pam

What do you usually eat for breakfast? Fruit smoothie that consist of strawberries, blueberries, banana and milk and ice with a touch of sweetner

Would you rather swim in a lake or an ocean?    Ocean

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be (for a vacation)? With my family the Outer Banks in North Carolina is our favorite. If just me and DH...It would be packing on horseback somewhere in Wyoming or Montana to fly fish and camp

Who inspires you? Acutally it is my husband. He has walked a walk that I do not envy him in. He has risen above the fray and is an example to our family. He is a rock tempered with gentleness and kindness and a good heart.

A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with six still at home!
meam4444
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:21 AM

What is your name?  Marlena

What do you usually eat for breakfast?  Cereal or yogurt..however, today it was cookie dough ice cream!

Would you rather swim in a lake or an ocean?  Ocean

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be (for a vacation)?  I really would like to go to Poland to visit relatives or to Australia.

What are your favorite quotes?  I never regret anything. Because every little detail of your life is what made you into who you are in the end.
Drew Barrymore

Who inspires you?  I would have to agree on, my husband.  He is really my backbone.

THATGIRL707
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM

What is your name?  Crisi

What do you usually eat for breakfast? Apple cinnamon oatmeal or a mini bagel/cream cheese

Would you rather swim in a lake or an ocean?  Ocean

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be (for a vacation)? Jamaica, and it is fabulous.  We rent a staffed beach house there (for less than a resort) We plan to return with our children as our first family trip, but our next major trip family vacation is Paris, Rome &Venice.  I love the idea of travel with my children.  It is very important to me to expose them to other cultures and educate them as we have fun.

What are your favorite quotes?  A joy shared is twice the joy, a pain shared is half the pain ~ chinese proverb told to me by a social worker

Who inspires you?  My 4th mom.  I aspire to be the amazing woman she was.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

ADOPTION PROCESS BLOG = http://thatgirl707.blogspot.com/

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Aug. 11, 2011 at 3:38 PM

What is your name? Kelly

What do you usually eat for breakfast? fruit and yogurt

Would you rather swim in a lake or an ocean? ocean

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be (for a vacation)? Australia

What are your favorite quotes? hmm I have to think about this one :)

Who inspires you? my parents

billssweety
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Cyndi

Bagel with cream cheese unless the hubs is in the mood for something else....LOL

Neither, don't like not knowing what is under the water!!!

Australia, not sure why, but have always wanted to go their!

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of thngs not seen.  Hebrews 11:1

Older christian women in my church.

coonanmom
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 7:40 PM

What is your name?

What do you usually eat for breakfast?

Would you rather swim in a lake or an ocean?

Hello I'm Elizabeth

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be (for a vacation)?

I would go to the English Isals.  I grew up lisoning to Irish music.  My Mother sings in a folk group.  And have always loved the music and would love to sit in a pub and hear it.  My husbands family also is irish.  I have son's named Patrick Sean, Ryon,Shae and Michael Conner.  And my family is from there also. 

What are your favorite quotes?

"Go with the flow." and "Parents don't want fair they want quite.  It fits well with 6 kids, 4 dogs (2 my older sons will go when he dose) 3 cat, and 2 bunnies.  And we did foster care for 10 years.

Who inspires you?

My Grandmother.  She has 7 kids.  But her home was always open to kids how needed a place to come.  Be it to live or just come to talk, or enjoy the holadays with us.  There would be over 20 people in the house but we loved it.  She had a big house and has a big hart.  And my friend Wendy she is the one who showed us foster care.  She etill is doing it and has adopted 2 new sons.  I look forward o helping her.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you 

lady_author
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:28 PM

What is your name?  Charis

What do you usually eat for breakfast?  Pop Tarts

Would you rather swim in a lake or an ocean?  Neither, I'd drown

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be (for a vacation)?  Ireland

What are your favorite quotes?  "Can't never could do nothing, never would and never will" - don't know who originally said it but my momma said it all the time

Who inspires you?  God, Uncle Andy (deceased), my grandmother (deceased), my husband, my mom - in that order.

Charis

prayingResting in the Lord's Hands

rainbowsrock
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:20 AM

wow, what you said about your hubby is amazing. Amazing for him and for you.

Quoting harmony7:

What is your name?   Pam

What do you usually eat for breakfast? Fruit smoothie that consist of strawberries, blueberries, banana and milk and ice with a touch of sweetner

Would you rather swim in a lake or an ocean?    Ocean

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be (for a vacation)? With my family the Outer Banks in North Carolina is our favorite. If just me and DH...It would be packing on horseback somewhere in Wyoming or Montana to fly fish and camp

Who inspires you? Acutally it is my husband. He has walked a walk that I do not envy him in. He has risen above the fray and is an example to our family. He is a rock tempered with gentleness and kindness and a good heart.

igpitmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM
Name: Akisha
Breakfast? I usually have a piece of fruit and a protein shake
Lake or ocean? Neither
If I could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Rome or Egypt
Favorite quotes? "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." Neil Degrasse Tyson
Who inspires me? My father (deceased) and my daughter
meam4444
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN