• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Schools...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM
  • 16 Replies

...which type of school do you send your children to?

Public, Private, Charter, Homeschool, etc...???

Due in October? Join us in October 2011 Babies!  

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3gifts.from.god
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:25 AM

We do a little bit of everything.

DD8, and DS7 are in a GATE (gifted and talented education) program at a public school.

DD10 is being homeschooled.

DS12 is in school within his residential treatment facility. It is a public charter school (It serves ONLY the children in treatment), and the teacher to student ratio is 1:6 . 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Private Christian school. 

Claire

harmony7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Public school but our system is small and very supportive of the special educational needs of my adopted children and it is also ranked in the top of the state for academics so my bio kids are able to fast track academically. The night before school started they had student led prayer in the drama room and the audortorium hosted all local churches and leaders as they prayed for blessing on our school year, faculity and administrators. Then the Superintendent called the teachers up on stage who attended and prayed over them. I love it..my area still allows my tax dollars to provide freedom of assembly as we see fit.  

lady_author
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM

We do public school.  We live in a very small town and have only one choice for schools.

billssweety
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Public, we have been extremely blessed to have an extremely supportive staff, from super to teacher aids!!

Twisted.Jester
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:33 PM

My children are in public school, and my school system has been very supportive of the needs of my kids....who I adopted as older children which of course comes with all sorts of baggage.

I actually moved 4 years ago to get them into a better school system.  I used to live in Los Angeles county and would have been driven to homicidal rage if I needed to deal with that school system one more minute,

danssugarbabe
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Shaleigh will go to a public school this year and Cody goes to MDO and then playschool and then public school

AAAMama
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I homeschool our 14 yr old - this is our 3rd year to homeschool.

My 5 and 9 yr olds are in public school in our small town.

My oldest went to alternative public school to graduate because she'd dropped out when she lived with her other mom.  A requirement for her to move in with us was that she worked, worked her cps plan, was clean and went back to school.

Sometimes God calms the storm... sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.

anjol35
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:24 AM

We just got into the IB (international baccalaureate) program magnet school. Yay!

LiLi536
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM

All in public.  DS in middleschool. DS in elementary Charter School. DD in elementary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)