Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Little poem about adoption

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am sure many of you have heard this but it warms my heart when ever I hear it and wanted to share.

Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone,

but still miraculously my own.

don't ever forget for a single minute

you didn't grow under my heart but with in it.

by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
meam4444
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Beautiful

Danimomma110
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:15 AM

That is a lovely poem! I am writing that one down!  It reminds me of what my 5 1/2 yo son, Austin, says.  When he was 4, I took him to a co-worker's get-together/baby shower.  She was pretty far along and he kept staring at her "belly".  On the way home he asked if he was in my belly like her baby was...I just said, "no, you didn't grow in my belly, you grew in my heart!"  We have always talked openly about him being adopted...now he's proud to tell everyone that he grew in our hearts! It's so cute!!

lifeisajoy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Like!!!

2Crazzie4U
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:01 PM
Very sweet!! :) here's a poem I wrote.. "A Mother's Love" A mother's love for her dear child shall never end but grow stronger. A Mother's love for her young is tough because she us willing to let them go. She will always love her child as each day passes on by. She will never forget the day her precious young one was born. Because she loves them so much and cherish each moment. Because each moment with her dear child is only a blessing from God. Noone can ever take her love away nor say she doesn't love her child. Noone could take her memories from her because they are dear to her forever. A Mother's love can endure so much and never be lost. And a Mother's love for her child will continue to grow forever and ever! -09'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIZMICHELE02
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I love that poem... and truly needed it at this time in my life.. thank you for posting

Mweddle
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

my friends had that poem on the cake table at my shower and I walked in and burst into tears when I read it.  It touches my heart.

2Gs
by Wendy on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Very nice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN