Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM having another child

Posted by   + Show Post

Just curious if anyone else has dealt with this.  Our dd was born in November.  We recently found out her bm is expecting another child due in October and plans on raising the baby herself.  I am truely happy for her and praying every day for her.  My concern is:  how do I explain to my dd when she gets older that her bm wasn't ready to raise her, but less than a year later was ready to raise her sibling?  I do believe that she missed dd after she placed her and really wanted a child.  It just makes me so sad for dd.

by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Replies (11-12):
CCinStL
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 12:54 AM
Our son was born a yr after his BM's first child. This is a similar situation but in reverse. I assume your DD's BM was not emotionally or financially ready to raise a child a yr ago. I also find myself getting sad and being confused as to why my child's BM placed them for adoption but not their siblings, then I realize how freaking lucky and happy I am :)
autstruck
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Quoting CCinStL:

Our son was born a yr after his BM's first child. This is a similar situation but in reverse. I assume your DD's BM was not emotionally or financially ready to raise a child a yr ago. I also find myself getting sad and being confused as to why my child's BM placed them for adoption but not their siblings, then I realize how freaking lucky and happy I am :)

Excellent point!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)