Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

National Adoption Day 2011!!!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:23 AM
  • 8 Replies

National Adoption Day is on November 19th.  We will be adopting our foster baby on that date!  The foster care agancy I'm licensed with will be celebrating it at a local hands on science museum.  Is anyone else planning to adopt on this day?  Is your community doing something special to celebrate?

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
meam4444
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I haven't adopted yet, but I hope you have a wonderful day!!  :)

marluvspooh
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I don't believe that our community is planning anything.  Last year they had a big pool party in the end of july right before school started back.

meam4444
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 10:46 AM

bump

tricia1332
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 10:01 PM
our adoption will take place september 16, 2011. We have waited 2 1/2 years. I dont think our county does anything at all. If they do its kept quiet
kerbear79
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 12:06 AM

:( :( I'm so bummed! I was told that we will most likely not be adopting our foster baby on this day after all. I was told that the paperwork wouldn't be done in time. When will I ever learn.  I should know better by now-you just can't count on anything when the state is involved. Luckily, we still get to adopt her but who knows how long it will take. I'm sad but it's not the end of the world. She is already a member of our family...just not on paper yet.

adopteeme
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 5:58 AM

kerbear79,

Hope you don't mind that I add to your thread. 

For the last several years, the annual Reg Day event has been held on National Adoption Day, too. I looked for this years coordinatiors and event sites, and it seems they are not doing one.  :( 

RegDay was an annual event (2nd Saturday in November) to increase public awareness of the International Soundex Reunion Registry; a FREE humanitarian service better known as ISRR. ISRR is a non-profit mutual consent registry dedicated to reuniting adult family members separated by adoption, divorce, or other dislocation. The ISRR has reunited thousands of adults all over the world.

RegDay volunteers around the nation staff tables set up with ISRR registration forms, informational brochures, and lists of resources helpful to those interested in search, reconnection and adoption reform. RegDay visitors can obtain assistance in filling out ISRR registration forms, and receive referrals to local resources.

If anyone needs further info, pm me. Be glad to help.

meam4444
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Awww Im sorry!

Quoting kerbear79:

:( :( I'm so bummed! I was told that we will most likely not be adopting our foster baby on this day after all. I was told that the paperwork wouldn't be done in time. When will I ever learn.  I should know better by now-you just can't count on anything when the state is involved. Luckily, we still get to adopt her but who knows how long it will take. I'm sad but it's not the end of the world. She is already a member of our family...just not on paper yet.

danssugarbabe
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Our adoption will be sometime in Nov but not sure of the date yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)