Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have any friends who have also followed the path of adopting or fostering children?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 9:40 AM
  • 4 Replies

Do you have any friends who have also followed the path of adopting or fostering children?

by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rainbowsrock
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I have friends I have met on my journey but none who adopted that were friends before we adopted. I do have a few who were adopted themselves and I have family who were adopted as kids. I am fortunate to have a very adoption friendly family. :)

DJAKoala
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I have other family members.My husband has an adopted sister, and my husbands brother adopted 3 years ago.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Sep. 12, 2011 at 2:13 PM

I knew a number of people who were foster families during my college and early adult years, friends and even some parents of my friends. DH has a number of cousins who were adopted through the foster care system, but nobody in my family has adopted before. We also have friends who adopted two older kiddos from Ethiopia.

Now of course we know a lot of families through our training classes, monthly support group, etc.

meam4444
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 3:21 PM

We have quite a few friends who adopted which has been really nice to learn more about their journey and know we can go to them with any questions when we start the process.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)