• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you need a sitter, who do you have watch your little one(s)?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

When you need a sitter, who do you have watch your little one(s)?

Do you stick with family, close friends, neighbors, etc...?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
clvahlberg
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:32 AM

We have not had a sitter yet. Since we are military, we live across the country from our family and close friends. There is only one other spouse in the area that I would feel comfortable leaving Babygirl with. I just don't know anyone else well enough or don't like the lack of supervision I see many of them have with thier own children.

rainbowsrock
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Mostly family. We do have one sitter who is a friends 19 year old daughter. She is amazing and I have a lot of confidence in her. Finding child care if more difficult than I expected it would be.

scaryfairy81
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM

We've had my sister and parents watch him, if they are in town visiting us or we are up visiting them, and plan to have my hubby's parents watch him so we can have a date night when we are up visiting in Illinois. And we've had 2 of my close friends watch him before. In general, I prefer family because I know they just enjoy having the time with him, since we live so far apart, but we are 5 1/2 hours from my parents, and 17 hours from his. But in a pinch I know I have 2 women(and their husbands) that I love and trust who will help us out.

DJAKoala
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:07 PM

My boys go to a structured daycare  for before school care 3 days a week. The times my husband and I have to go out or different work hours,I hire my 20 year old neice. She is very responsable and loving.

meam4444
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:37 AM

My husband and I have been having a hard time too finding people we trust.

Quoting rainbowsrock:

Mostly family. We do have one sitter who is a friends 19 year old daughter. She is amazing and I have a lot of confidence in her. Finding child care if more difficult than I expected it would be.

meam4444
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Aww that makes it hard to be away from family and close friends..are you able to visit them every so often despite being far away?

Quoting clvahlberg:

We have not had a sitter yet. Since we are military, we live across the country from our family and close friends. There is only one other spouse in the area that I would feel comfortable leaving Babygirl with. I just don't know anyone else well enough or don't like the lack of supervision I see many of them have with thier own children.

Lv2Holdem
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I have teenagers so they stay home for an hour or two by themselves but when I have to go out of town for work my Mom always watches them.

Allison489
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 4:02 PM

We use respite--in-home for our once-a-week evening out and facility respite for quarterly weekends with no kids.  At least that's what is supposed to happen.  Due to our kids' special needs, we can't just hire a babysitter and those same special needs mean that we need regular breaks we can count on for rest, perspective, and making sure that our marriage gets enough attention. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)