Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

How did you find the adoption agency which you used?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

How did you find the adoption agency which you used?

by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danssugarbabe
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 1:46 PM

With Shaleigh we attended a seminar on how to afford adoption and we went throughout the room afterwards asking the agencies if they accepted an private homestudy the one that did was the one we went with for her.  With Cody we signed up with a local agency and they did contract work with a sister agency and that is where Cody came from.

DJAKoala
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM

I used the same adoption agency my husbands parents used to adopt their 2 daughters.  They had great support system and very knowledgable.

We have used them for our 2 adoptions. We are very happy with the services they provided.

clvahlberg
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Our local agency was the only one that said they could get us ready for placement in the 2 months we had before Babygirl's due date. We were happy with them. The agency in her birth state was one our local agency recommended and had worked with previously.

Ethansmama731
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM

AdoptionSituations.com- they had an ad for a baby girl who was already born. When I contacted them, she was already matched but they needed families for a few other babies. My son was one of them and I was matched and parenting a month later.

mbrandt1974
by Member on Sep. 24, 2011 at 6:50 PM

searched the internet. Found one that we like and then called the BBB and the state attorneys office to make sure there was nothing against them. We used a facilator instead of an adoption agency. That is what worked for us. The doctor that I used to work with decided to use them after we had a great experience and so did my Sister-in-law.

michelle856
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM

booth at an adoption conference

robin1953
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 9:12 PM

We went through our County adoption agency. I don't remember how we found out about them. It's been over 20 years.

rainbowsrock
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 2:45 AM

We didn't use an agency. Our birth mom found us. Then we contacted a lawyer and social workers specializing in adoption in our city.

Suzy_Sunshine
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 12:02 PM

We chose an agency that had been arranging adoptions for many decades, was fairly close by and worked with the country we had selected. My mother's college roommate had used the same agency.

Cmommy525
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 2:50 AM
We used the same facilitator used by and recommended by a friend of a friend
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN