Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

My darling step daughter

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 3:01 AM
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this
Well this is my story. It all started a few years before I met my current husband. I was pregnant with a little girl that I had named Morgan. I had a miscarriage and was told that I could not have children. When I got together with my DH I found out that he had a two year old daughter. I was so excited because here was my chance to be a mom. Well after a mountain of problems with her birth mother and a few years and a son later (boy were those Dr.'s wrong) I have been given the chance to do what I have wanted from day one. Have her be MY daughter. After talking to my husband about it I was able to start the paperwork to legally make her mine. That was back in September of this year. We are now two steps away from everything being finalized. I actually got to tell her today that we now have a date for our meeting with the gal that writes all of the recomendations for approving the adoptions in our area. From the look on her face you would have thought that it was already Christmas! She is so excited as well am I. I will keep everyone posted on how the next couple of steps go.
JLSK77
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 10:15 AM

How wonderufl!  Please do keep us posted.

lilylucy7
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Awww that is just wonderful! Sounds like you two were ment  for each other!

OutWest
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 1:34 AM

congratulations!

feralkitten
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:09 AM

i'm also adopting my steps

JLSK77
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Well we went to our appointment today. Every thing looked good until the gal took a look at the concent form that the bio mom signed. She told us that there was some info missing. She said that it would go through if the judge didn't look at it too closely. Otherwise we will have to get the bio mom to re sign. I'm so scared that if we have to have her re-sign that she will change her mind. We were told that if that happens then we have to go to court and have her rights terminated which will take longer. Again I'm so worried and scared. Will keep up-dated!
OutWest
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Good luck--sending good thoughts that it all goes through smoothly. If it does, tuck that paper away and never mention the missing info to another soul! Your little girl is lucky to have a stepmom who really, really wants her. Best wishes!

JLSK77
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Thanks Outwest for the good thoughts I will keep you posted on how it goes.
meam4444
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Good luck!

JLSK77
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I just found out today that we have to get bio mom to re-sign!!! I am so terrified right now that she won't sign it. I'm hoping that she will since the last time she signed was in September. I so hope that she has not changed her mind.
JLSK77
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Well here is an update on our adoption. Well it turns out that we don't have to have bio-mom resign the paperwork. However we are waiting on her to give us her witness info and an address so that we can send her an updated copy of the paperwork.  The problem is is that bio-mom is now dragging her feet on getting us this info.  We have been waiting about 2 weeks for her to get it done.  She has already responded to an email from our lawyer but for some reason she could not give the info we needed at that time.  It scares me that maybe she has changed her mind and this is her way of trying to make sure the adoption does not go through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN