Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My darling step daughter

Posted by   + Show Post
Well this is my story. It all started a few years before I met my current husband. I was pregnant with a little girl that I had named Morgan. I had a miscarriage and was told that I could not have children. When I got together with my DH I found out that he had a two year old daughter. I was so excited because here was my chance to be a mom. Well after a mountain of problems with her birth mother and a few years and a son later (boy were those Dr.'s wrong) I have been given the chance to do what I have wanted from day one. Have her be MY daughter. After talking to my husband about it I was able to start the paperwork to legally make her mine. That was back in September of this year. We are now two steps away from everything being finalized. I actually got to tell her today that we now have a date for our meeting with the gal that writes all of the recomendations for approving the adoptions in our area. From the look on her face you would have thought that it was already Christmas! She is so excited as well am I. I will keep everyone posted on how the next couple of steps go.
JLSK77
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 3:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
JLSK77
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM

WE FINALLY GOT EVERYTHING WE NEEDED FROM BIO MOM!!!!!!!!

So now the ball is in our court. Unfortunately my DH is now deployed.  However there is a paper that he can fill out that can be filed with the court to take care of that otherwise we would have to wait for him to come home.  We are just one step closer!!

fingers crossed

JLSK77
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

One slow, slow step at a time. Seems like the mantra of adoption, am I right? :)

GL with everything with your husband deployed -- not just the adoption but the day-to-day details of life. Thank you for your family's service.

JLSK77
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM
3 moms liked this

We are almost there!! We now have our court date!! We are all so excited!!

feralkitten
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Quoting JLSK77:

We are almost there!! We now have our court date!! We are all so excited!!

congrats

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

cool beans! that is awesome!

chinadollmom23
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM

So glad to hear that things are moving forward for your family!

JLSK77
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Thanks ladies!!!

JLSK77
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Wish me luck ladies. Today is the day we go see the judge!!!!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM

To finalize? :) Congrats, I'm sure your step-daughter will be so happy to finally be just your DAUGHTER. :)

Quoting JLSK77:

Wish me luck ladies. Today is the day we go see the judge!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)