Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD: 2/8

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM
  • 11 Replies

If you could go anywhere in the world- where would you go?

We would go back to China...I cannot wait to take Lilly back to see her birth country and for Karli to see the country of her sister's birth and to appreciate all the rich history and culture there.

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM
It's hard to choose just one place!

I'd like to travel to visit friends in Australia. I'd also like to go to Hawaii as part of my 50 states quest. I've always wanted to see the pyramids in Egypt. And... I'd like to get back to Rome someday!

And I'm just getting started here... :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raleyfamily
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Quoting mcginnisc:

We would go back to China...I cannot wait to take Lilly back to see her birth country and for Karli to see the country of her sister's birth and to appreciate all the rich history and culture there.

My son is in Japan for a year, I would just love to go visit  him!

Carla Raley, wife of Bill, mom of 10, foster mom of more than 50
Visit my blogs for stories of the life of an older mom raising a large family, foster/adoption and homeschooling
http://raleyfamilysfarm.blogspot.com/

http://bookreviewsbycarla.blogspot.com/

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

It's hard to choose just one place!

I'd like to travel to visit friends in Australia. I'd also like to go to Hawaii as part of my 50 states quest. I've always wanted to see the pyramids in Egypt. And... I'd like to get back to Rome someday!

And I'm just getting started here... :-)

You sound like me! We love to travel and there are so many places I would love to go!

Claire

Moderator- Adoptive Moms

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Quoting raleyfamily:

Quoting mcginnisc:

My son is in Japan for a year, I would just love to go visit  him!

That would be a great trip! I loved seeing Mount Fuji as we were flying into Tokyo on our way to Beijing. It was incredible! Next time, we are getting out of the airport! LOL

Claire

Moderator- Adoptive Moms

ARgal
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Africa, without a doubt.  Once you visit Africa, it gets in your blood and you can't stay away.  It is more than interesting or fascinating.  It is almost a spiritual experience.

meam4444
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I would love to go to Jerusalem. We plan to go when the kids are older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2Crazzie4U
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I would love to go to Scotland... and also go back to China. I loved it there when i was last there. Being stuck on a plane near a couple who adopted a baby girl helped me alot.. made me see how the adoptive parents of my son looked as they took him to his new home. :D Crazzie how things work out for His glory. :D

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Quoting ARgal:

Africa, without a doubt.  Once you visit Africa, it gets in your blood and you can't stay away.  It is more than interesting or fascinating.  It is almost a spiritual experience.

I would love to go to Africa one day.. we have sponsored a girl in Zambia for 7 years this year and I'd love to go see her...

Claire

Moderator- Adoptive Moms

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Quoting meam4444:

I would love to go to Jerusalem. We plan to go when the kids are older.

That would be a neat trip!

Claire

Moderator- Adoptive Moms

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quoting 2Crazzie4U:

I would love to go to Scotland... and also go back to China. I loved it there when i was last there. Being stuck on a plane near a couple who adopted a baby girl helped me alot.. made me see how the adoptive parents of my son looked as they took him to his new home. :D Crazzie how things work out for His glory. :D

I would also love to go to Scotland.

On a side note- our plane was packed with families traveling home from China. When we left Guanzhou for Tokyo- there were 16 just from our agency onboard. We were the only ones on our flight to MN, but the rest of our group got on an earlier flight to MN and it was also packed with adoptive families. I have to say our flight stunk... Lilly had a double ear infection, I had a sinus infection, bronchitis and sitting on a flight for over 20 hours was just not fun while being sick with a sick baby that was grieving.

I'm happy that as a first mom you felt comfortable enough to share in the group. I truly value the opinions of first moms and adoptees as I still have much to learn even all these years into our journey as adoptive parents.

Claire

Moderator- Adoptive Moms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)