Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Welcome to Adoptive Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Adoptive Moms!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Adoptive Moms Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Replies (131-140):
meam4444
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Welcome to the group!  I look forward to getting to know you better.  :)

Quoting shaiana:

We adopted a baby who is now named Lucas. He is my nephew, at first I am just the guardian but then me and my husband decided to adopt him. He is born blind. The process took us 4 years but it's worth it! He is such an angel and is very bright. I am glad to have seen this site to share ideas with fellow adoptive moms!

meam4444
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Welcome!!  I hope you enjoy this group as much as I have.

Quoting leahdawn1971:

Good Afternoon!

DH and I adopted DD in 2005 - now a beautiful 7yo.  This was a domestic open adoption that was completely orchestrated by God.  From introduction to DD at 2 months old, to placement 5 weeks later in our home to finalization at 10 months - it was a whirlwind.  A non-typical experience, but completly normal for us. 

She was joined by our bio DD in 2007.  We are now blessed to have two wonderful DDs in our life.

Our oldest is now beginning to ask questions relating to all circumstances.  Though we have always promised to be open and honest with her - many of the questions posed were not expected to come until she was in her teens.  Teaches us to not undestimate their ability to understand beyond our comprehension.  So though the honesty will always continue, we've had to adjust our responses to be age approrpriate while still helping her deal with her feelings and to understand.  All in time I guess.

Our adoption is classified as open, but we live at opposite ends of the US - so ocassional cards, pictures letters, along with constant Facebook allow "Bema", our birthmother, to be included.

I look forward to talking with other mom that are a part of this group and especially those with older children that are asking questions.  Thanks!

SammisMomND
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Hello!  I am super excited to be introducing myself and my family to you!  My husband and I are new parents to a beautiful newborn girl!  She is 17 days old  today and we've had the pleasure of being her parents from day one.  We came home last Saturday (day 13 for her) and have been enjoying her since (she's napping right now - lol).  My husband has a daughter who is 9 who lives with her mom.  She is very excited about being a big sis and she was here to welcome us home with bells on.  I hope to get to know some of you in my same boat and hopefully, we can share some stories and possibly help each other out from time to time.

MedicMommy2
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Hi, I am Jenn, I was adopted at 4 days old and I am one of the few that actually has my original birth cert with my birth name on it. I was part of an amazing open adoption. I have a 5 year old son who has been adopted by my husband. We also have a 2 year old girl. We are hoping to adopt older sibling groups when our kids are older. I hope I can share a different view point as I have been on the other side of the fence as well.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 6:54 AM

wlcome congrats on the new family!!!

Quoting SammisMomND:

Hello!  I am super excited to be introducing myself and my family to you!  My husband and I are new parents to a beautiful newborn girl!  She is 17 days old  today and we've had the pleasure of being her parents from day one.  We came home last Saturday (day 13 for her) and have been enjoying her since (she's napping right now - lol).  My husband has a daughter who is 9 who lives with her mom.  She is very excited about being a big sis and she was here to welcome us home with bells on.  I hope to get to know some of you in my same boat and hopefully, we can share some stories and possibly help each other out from time to time.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Adoptees are always welcomed, your point of view is priceless

Quoting MedicMommy2:

Hi, I am Jenn, I was adopted at 4 days old and I am one of the few that actually has my original birth cert with my birth name on it. I was part of an amazing open adoption. I have a 5 year old son who has been adopted by my husband. We also have a 2 year old girl. We are hoping to adopt older sibling groups when our kids are older. I hope I can share a different view point as I have been on the other side of the fence as well.

Mom2Jayce
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Hi! My name is Dana. I have been looking for groups to join to get more feedback from people who have adopted. I have been married for 7 years and we are in the process of finalizing our adoption. This is our first baby and we have been beyond blessed! Jayce has been around us since he was born but has officially lived with us since he was 6 weeks old. He is now 8 months! I look forward to meeting with new friends!

teaguen
by teaguen on May. 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Hi Dana - I am Teaguen.  I have adopted twice and both times my girls came to live with me at about 2 months old.  They are now 6 and 9 and every day I am amazed by them.  Do you have contact with the birth family?  We have none as they were considered safe surrneder babies and we were not given any information regarding the birth families.  Not an issue now, but I am sure the girls will get more interested in where they came from as they get older.  We can only tell them how they got to us, but none of the who part.  Welcome!!

mama4th
by on May. 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Hi! My husband and I have 4 children. We adopted our daughter through foster care. We are open again to adoption and are so excited.

meam4444
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Welcome!!  Congratulations!

Quoting SammisMomND:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)