Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Welcome to Adoptive Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Adoptive Moms!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Adoptive Moms Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Which country is your child originally from?

Quoting mom12783:

Hello Everyone! I am married to Cody, we have 3 beautiful children, and will be adding a 4th to our family through international adoption!!! We live in a tiny town in South Dakota and love it!!! I am glad to be here in this group with all of you, and I hope we can all learn from each other!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMCmomAZ
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I'm a mother of three wonderful children, ages daughter-18, daughter-11, and son- 10.  Our oldest and youngest joined our family by birth and our middle daughter by adoption.  She was born in Seoul, S. Korea and came home to us at age 3.5 months.  We were influenced by a desire to maintain a connection with her Korean heritage to host and work with international exchange students and I am now the Regional Director for a non-profit exchange organization in AZ, CA, HI, NV, NM, and OR.  We live in MI but are moving to Queen Creek, AZ in June after our oldest graduates from high school (she'll be attending Univ. of AZ in Tucson).  I'm wondering if anyone knows of international adoption support groups in AZ as I'm eager to ease my daughter's transition during this move and thought this might be a nice connection for her.  Thank you!

Natasha

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Hi Natasha, welcome to the group! I love the way you've found to keep your daughter connected to her Korean roots. :-) As far as looking for a local support group, I would advise making a new post in the general discussion forum for the group. I don't think everyone reads the intros regularly, so you might get more response there. GL!

Quoting AMCmomAZ:

I'm a mother of three wonderful children, ages daughter-18, daughter-11, and son- 10.  Our oldest and youngest joined our family by birth and our middle daughter by adoption.  She was born in Seoul, S. Korea and came home to us at age 3.5 months.  We were influenced by a desire to maintain a connection with her Korean heritage to host and work with international exchange students and I am now the Regional Director for a non-profit exchange organization in AZ, CA, HI, NV, NM, and OR.  We live in MI but are moving to Queen Creek, AZ in June after our oldest graduates from high school (she'll be attending Univ. of AZ in Tucson).  I'm wondering if anyone knows of international adoption support groups in AZ as I'm eager to ease my daughter's transition during this move and thought this might be a nice connection for her.  Thank you!

Natasha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Hi Natasha welcome to the group!

Quoting AMCmomAZ:

Natasha

HoPeNloVe15
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Hello Ladies!! I'm Cortney! I have been married to my DH for 8 yrs and we just recently adopted our daughter from foster care!! She was 3 mo old when we met her only weighing 7 lbs . She was premature and had trouble eating due to her horrible acid reflux. We finalized our adoption 2 wks before she turned a year old! She is the love of our life! I look forward to chatting with you and learning from your experiences since I am a first time mommy!! :)
HoPeNloVe15
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM

BUMP!

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Mar. 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Hi Cortney! Welcome to the group! Congrats on your adoption!

Quoting HoPeNloVe15:

Hello Ladies!! I'm Cortney! I have been married to my DH for 8 yrs and we just recently adopted our daughter from foster care!! She was 3 mo old when we met her only weighing 7 lbs . She was premature and had trouble eating due to her horrible acid reflux. We finalized our adoption 2 wks before she turned a year old! She is the love of our life! I look forward to chatting with you and learning from your experiences since I am a first time mommy!! :)

NJK2008
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Hi - I'm Lisa.  My husband Kerry and I adopted our son, Nate in 2008 and life is good.   Love this sight!!

Mom2ZaelIrene
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM
My name is Melisa. I am new to all of this.
My hubby and I have an adopted girl from Guatemala. We lived in Guatemala for 4 years after her process was complete. We now reside in St. Louis, MO. I am a stay at home mom & my hubby is a photographer.
I am happy to have found this web site:-)
Mom2ZaelIrene
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Mom of one adopted girl from Guatemala. She is 9 years old.
We lived inGuatemala for 4 years after her adoption.
We now live in St. Louis, MO:-)
I am so glad to have found this site!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN