Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Welcome to Adoptive Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Adoptive Moms!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Adoptive Moms Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Replies (211-220):
2timezthefun
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Hey everyone Im Chey. I am a sahm to 4 beautiful kids. I have twin girl Riley and Cameron they are 18 months old and will be 19 months on friday. My son Caden is my adopted son. He is 16 months old and we adopted him when he was going on 3 months old. We welcomed our second boy Elijah on May 28th. 

CrossRockMom
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Hi. I have three children. Two bio-girls (14 & 10) and our son came to us at 3 1/2 years, he's 7 now. It's been a rough journey! :0) We adopted through the state and did not foster him first. Pretty much this little stranger was dropped off at our house (we were his 6th transition). We are learning as we go what a "special" little boy we have been given and to hold tight to our Faith.
FrenchieMS
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Hi! I'm Sandrine. We have a 11 yr old girl , and a 7 yr old son with ADHD and high functioning autism. We are about to be approved by the state for the " foster to adopt " program. Look forward to chatting with anyone also going through that process!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flannery27
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Hello ladies!  My name is Kate.  My partner and I have a four year old little girl that we adopted in March after being her foster mamas for two years.  We also have a 13 month old little boy that we've had from birth that we are hoping to adopt very soon!

Looking forward to meeting some other adoptive moms on here!

~Peace~ Kate

SeeHimDaily
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hi friends....  My husband and I have 1 bio son and are home study ready to adopt our next baby - boy or girl, don't have a pref - hopefully sometime soon.  We have been officially waiting for about a month.  Our son Isaac will be 2 next month and keeps us busy! :)  Blessings to you all, friends!

SeeHimDaily
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Hi!  Have you checked out Adoptomist.com?  You can create a free profile there and at least have some potential of meeting birth moms there.... I'm not connected to that site - actually haven't even created a profile there for our family yet although we're waiting also.... just have heard good things about it.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Aug. 16, 2012 at 4:30 PM
This might be a good thing to post in the general discussion. I don't think everyone reads the intro forum regularly, so you might get more response there. :-)

Quoting SeeHimDaily:

Hi!  Have you checked out Adoptomist.com?  You can create a free profile there and at least have some potential of meeting birth moms there.... I'm not connected to that site - actually haven't even created a profile there for our family yet although we're waiting also.... just have heard good things about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Freedom1qt
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Hi we have two bio teens ages 16 and 14 and are now going into the fifth month of waiting for a newborn adoption.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingLO
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hi! I'm Becky. My husband and I have just been homestudy approved, and we're pursuing independent adoption using a lawyer, but we're finding the match ourselves. Glad to be here!

pittm4
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Hi my name is Mandy I am not exactly an adoptive parent, but was thinking adoptive moms would be the best for support with the problem I am facing. I recently recieved a phone can from Child Protective Services this child being my niece. They are argueing with us and telling us we are out of options and our only choice is to assume guardianship of her. I am just having a lot of feelings that are hard to deal with being newly weds and trying to take on someone else's baby. I guess I am just in search of support. Hope to talk to everyone soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)