Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Adoptive Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Adoptive Moms!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Adoptive Moms Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Mar. 13, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Hi Lisa welcome to the group!

Quoting NJK2008:

Hi - I'm Lisa.  My husband Kerry and I adopted our son, Nate in 2008 and life is good.   Love this sight!!

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Mar. 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM

welcome

Quoting Mom2ZaelIrene:

Mom of one adopted girl from Guatemala. She is 9 years old.
We lived inGuatemala for 4 years after her adoption.
We now live in St. Louis, MO:-)
I am so glad to have found this site!

meam4444
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Welcome to the group!  I hope you enjoy this group.  :)

Quoting reidmom:

Hi!  I have an amazing little boy named Jack, whom we adopted as a newborn in November 2010.  We worked with the IAC (newborn/domestic adoption).   He is the love of our lives!!!  We are starting to consider adoption #2.  I think it is important to keep educating myself about open adoption as well as listen and share stories with fellow adoptive mothers.

meam4444
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Welcome Natasha!  While I am not from AZ, I am sure there are a few moms who are.  Feel free to make a post asking about the support groups.  :) 

Quoting AMCmomAZ:

I'm a mother of three wonderful children, ages daughter-18, daughter-11, and son- 10.  Our oldest and youngest joined our family by birth and our middle daughter by adoption.  She was born in Seoul, S. Korea and came home to us at age 3.5 months.  We were influenced by a desire to maintain a connection with her Korean heritage to host and work with international exchange students and I am now the Regional Director for a non-profit exchange organization in AZ, CA, HI, NV, NM, and OR.  We live in MI but are moving to Queen Creek, AZ in June after our oldest graduates from high school (she'll be attending Univ. of AZ in Tucson).  I'm wondering if anyone knows of international adoption support groups in AZ as I'm eager to ease my daughter's transition during this move and thought this might be a nice connection for her.  Thank you!

Natasha

meam4444
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Hi Cortney!  Congratulations on your adoption!  Acid reflux is horrible--while my baby wasn't premature, he has it, and it is amazing how much food he would loose from it.  I hope your LO is doing better now.  I look forward to getting to know you better! :)

Quoting HoPeNloVe15:

Hello Ladies!! I'm Cortney! I have been married to my DH for 8 yrs and we just recently adopted our daughter from foster care!! She was 3 mo old when we met her only weighing 7 lbs . She was premature and had trouble eating due to her horrible acid reflux. We finalized our adoption 2 wks before she turned a year old! She is the love of our life! I look forward to chatting with you and learning from your experiences since I am a first time mommy!! :)

meam4444
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Welcome Lisa!!  :)  I look forward to getting to know you better!  Feel free to hop right on in the conversation.

Quoting NJK2008:

Hi - I'm Lisa.  My husband Kerry and I adopted our son, Nate in 2008 and life is good.   Love this sight!!

meam4444
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Welcome Melisa!  Cafemom is an awesome website.  Feel free to ask us any question you may have about it.  I look forward to getting to know you better!  How did you like Guatemala?

Quoting Mom2ZaelIrene:

My name is Melisa. I am new to all of this.
My hubby and I have an adopted girl from Guatemala. We lived in Guatemala for 4 years after her process was complete. We now reside in St. Louis, MO. I am a stay at home mom & my hubby is a photographer.
I am happy to have found this web site:-)

AmandaW10
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 1:06 PM

HI. My name is Amanda. I'm a mom of two teenagers and hoping to add to our family through adoption. 

madsendal
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I am a proud mother of four sweet angels.  My kids are 9, 6, 3, and 1.  My husband and I adopted our third child who is now 3 and the other three of our children are our biological children.  It has been hard because our three year old is just on fire all the time.  She is always wanting more attention then is humanly possible and I try to find things for her to do to keep her busy.  She is black and the rest of my family is white.  Whenever I take her to the store she asks anyone who looks at her, "what are you looking at, stop looking at me"  she'll then ask me why they are looking at her.  I tell her that it is because they think that she is a cute little girl and that they are probably just wanting to say hi.  I have always loved her the same as my biological children because I have always felt that she was ment to be part of my family and I want her to know and understand the great blessing that her adoption has played in my families life.  I am worried that she is maybe starting to realize that she is different and I don't want her to feel like their is anything wrong with the way she came into our family.  What are ways that you guys have made your adopted child feel so special and have helped them understand the concept of adoption.  I have always been very open about how this child came into our lives and I want to make sure that I help her understand the blessings that come from adotion also. 

meam4444
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Welcome Amanda!

Quoting AmandaW10:

HI. My name is Amanda. I'm a mom of two teenagers and hoping to add to our family through adoption. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)