Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Welcome to Adoptive Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Adoptive Moms!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Adoptive Moms Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Replies (321-328):
Smeefy
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Hi there!  Just stumbled on this site.  I am an adoptee myself and I have an adopted daughter who is feisty and five.  We also have a biological son who is 13.

I have a lot of thoughts about our experience and I look forward to sharing them with you all.

This is our most recent family photo -- taken at Thanksgiving.

AmiB024
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Hi everyone!  My name is Ami.  Married to an amazing man...we recently adopted a beautiful little girl - now just over 5 months...after 2 horrible failed attempts - in one case where the birth mother changed her mind after we had guardianship of the baby for 12 days.  But our Faith kept us going and we now look back and see how the path we had to endure led us to our beautiful daughter.  We have an amazing relationship with the birth mother and feel so blessed with our family.  I'm hoping to get to know you all and share experiences together.  Thanks!

prettynikki40
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Good evening everyone! I am an adoptive mom to a 4 yr old boy and an 8 month girl. I am a older mommy @ 40. My husband and I started late with family planning but couldn't be happier with pitter patter of the kids footsteps in our home. We are hoping to adopt soon again. We are anxious  and trying another avenue to bring our baby home. Previously, we worked with Bethany and our local DCS. Now we would like to find a birthmother interested in an open adoption and have our lawyer facilitate everything for us.

WatermelonBerry
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I am not in the midst of adopting, however I am open to it and would love to adopt one day. I was adopted when I was 2, along with my older brother and older sister (all of us were fully related), and we were all taken in by the same wonderfully loving couple.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM
You have a beautiful family! :-)

Quoting Smeefy:

Hi there!  Just stumbled on this site.  I am an adoptee myself and I have an adopted daughter who is feisty and five.  We also have a biological son who is 13.

I have a lot of thoughts about our experience and I look forward to sharing them with you all.

This is our most recent family photo -- taken at Thanksgiving.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Welcome! My son just turned 5, and we adopted him through foster care... We just have the one, though. :-) Best wishes on your new adoption journey.

Quoting prettynikki40:

Good evening everyone! I am an adoptive mom to a 4 yr old boy and an 8 month girl. I am a older mommy @ 40. My husband and I started late with family planning but couldn't be happier with pitter patter of the kids footsteps in our home. We are hoping to adopt soon again. We are anxious  and trying another avenue to bring our baby home. Previously, we worked with Bethany and our local DCS. Now we would like to find a birthmother interested in an open adoption and have our lawyer facilitate everything for us.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I'm so glad you found us here! We really value all different perspectives on adoption in this group, so please feel free to jump right in.

Quoting WatermelonBerry:

I am not in the midst of adopting, however I am open to it and would love to adopt one day. I was adopted when I was 2, along with my older brother and older sister (all of us were fully related), and we were all taken in by the same wonderfully loving couple.

Kbagz
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Hello my name is Kathleen, Kat for short :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)