Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Welcome to Adoptive Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Adoptive Moms!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Adoptive Moms Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
meam4444
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Welcome to the group. While I have yet to adopt, I know there are a lot of mommas in the group who can help.  If you are unable to get the responses you need in this post, feel free to make a post in the forum asking for responses.  It sounds like you are doing your best and giving her the love she needs. 

Quoting madsendal:

I am a proud mother of four sweet angels.  My kids are 9, 6, 3, and 1.  My husband and I adopted our third child who is now 3 and the other three of our children are our biological children.  It has been hard because our three year old is just on fire all the time.  She is always wanting more attention then is humanly possible and I try to find things for her to do to keep her busy.  She is black and the rest of my family is white.  Whenever I take her to the store she asks anyone who looks at her, "what are you looking at, stop looking at me"  she'll then ask me why they are looking at her.  I tell her that it is because they think that she is a cute little girl and that they are probably just wanting to say hi.  I have always loved her the same as my biological children because I have always felt that she was ment to be part of my family and I want her to know and understand the great blessing that her adoption has played in my families life.  I am worried that she is maybe starting to realize that she is different and I don't want her to feel like their is anything wrong with the way she came into our family.  What are ways that you guys have made your adopted child feel so special and have helped them understand the concept of adoption.  I have always been very open about how this child came into our lives and I want to make sure that I help her understand the blessings that come from adotion also. 

momtozoie
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I've been looking for a site like this for a while!! My husband and I are the parents to 4 1/2 year old Zoie, who was adopted as a newborn. What an incredible journey it has been!! I can't wait to get to know everyone here!!
momtozoie
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Hello!  My name is Tracey.  My husband and I are the very proud parents of a beautiful 4 1/2 ball of energy!!  We were blessed enough to have created our family through domestic adoption.  We were at the hospital when she was born, and were able to bring her home the next day!!  I'm looking forward to meeting all of you other moms!!

dholsapp
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hi everyone! I am Dana and my husband is Travis. We have been married for 3 1/2 years and after almost 3 years of infertility issues, we have decided to grow our family through adoption! We are home study approved and now just in the dreaded wait to be matched! We are doing a domestic transracial adoption so I would love to connect with other moms that are a part of transracial families!

blesdwifeanmoma
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Hello. I am Bj. I am happily married to a wonderful husband of almost 10 yrs now. We have a wonderful son who is 8 yrs old. Me & DH have been considering for a while now as to whether to adopt maybe in the future. If we do we both want to adopt an older child. I'm just wanting to meet some moms that have adopted or are going thru the process of adopting an older child. I would like to learn some of the experience that others have of what can we expect with adopting an older child. I want to know all the good & bad that we can look forward to before we jump headlong into the process of trying to adopt. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

JOY - Jesus, Others, Yourself - JOY

meam4444
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Hi Tracey!  I look forward to getting to know you better. :)

Quoting momtozoie:

Hello!  My name is Tracey.  My husband and I are the very proud parents of a beautiful 4 1/2 ball of energy!!  We were blessed enough to have created our family through domestic adoption.  We were at the hospital when she was born, and were able to bring her home the next day!!  I'm looking forward to meeting all of you other moms!!

meam4444
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Hi Dana!  Wishing you the best with your adoption journey.  Feel free to hop right on in the group. 

Quoting dholsapp:

Hi everyone! I am Dana and my husband is Travis. We have been married for 3 1/2 years and after almost 3 years of infertility issues, we have decided to grow our family through adoption! We are home study approved and now just in the dreaded wait to be matched! We are doing a domestic transracial adoption so I would love to connect with other moms that are a part of transracial families!

meam4444
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Welcome Bj!  You have come to the right place.  This group has a wealth of knowledge--hope you find it a good reasource to you.

Quoting blesdwifeanmoma:

Hello. I am Bj. I am happily married to a wonderful husband of almost 10 yrs now. We have a wonderful son who is 8 yrs old. Me & DH have been considering for a while now as to whether to adopt maybe in the future. If we do we both want to adopt an older child. I'm just wanting to meet some moms that have adopted or are going thru the process of adopting an older child. I would like to learn some of the experience that others have of what can we expect with adopting an older child. I want to know all the good & bad that we can look forward to before we jump headlong into the process of trying to adopt. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Polkadotted
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Hi. I have three step kids that their mother has decided to let me adopt. If she doesn't change her mind, we will start working on this in a month r so. The kids are 5, 6, 7 and have been living with use since my DH got custody from CPS 5 years ago. Their mom only sees them once or twice a year. She has insisted that visitation stay the same if we do this and we can handle that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
changsha02
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Hi all-Graduating to a blog is big for me....finding the time to sit myself down and organize my thoughts is my birthday present to myself, and as always, hoping the goodness trickles down to my (10 year old 5th grade)daughter. My husband and I adopted her from China in 2002, we live in a predominantly Caucasian bedroom community (is that term used anymore?) in the northeast, and heading to NY is usually how we get culturally charged. I hope that to be another topic...

Given her age I know we are on the cusp of big adjustments, sometimes feeling as if I am just not qualified to raise this beautiful being, other times feeling I am doing a fantastic job. Go to bed reassessing the day, sometimes kicking myself, other days patting myself on the back-typically more kicking than patting....

I will indoctrinate myself with a simple issue: with hormones beginning to kick in, she is developing an area on the top of her scalp that tends to become very oily, while the remainder stays clean. She is very athletic-basketball just ending, lacrosse just beginning and need to find a good shampoo to address this. I have tried apple cider vinegar rinses, it helps a bit, but is drying out her (waist length!) hair. Hope this does not have too much of an 'ick' factor for you all.....

thanks ladies!

Deborah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)