Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Welcome to Adoptive Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Adoptive Moms!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Adoptive Moms Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Replies (71-80):
meam4444
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

You have come to the right place!  Welcome!!

Quoting mrsminter:

Hi there, I'm not technically an adoptive mom yet but we are hoping to adopt this year through the foster system. Super exciting!

meam4444
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Welcome Amy!  This is a great group with so many wonderful members.  Feel free to hop right on in.  :)

Quoting Mills01:

Hello my name is amy and I am 30 and have just adopted a little one year old...This is a big learning process for me and I was told by a friend that I should join this  this group so I thought I would try it out...

trophymom10
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Hello all!!! I'm Ruthy and my husband and are doing foster to adopt. We have completed 90% of our process now we are ready to welcome a baby in our home! I have a different perspective on adoption. When I was 15 I placed a baby boy up for adoption.. I have an open adoption, and have had every opportunity to watch my son grow up! I feel like my life has come full circle. Now that I am walking in my sons adoptive mothers shoes; I finally understand her. I am raising my husbands children from his first marriage as well as pursuing my bachelors in social work.
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting trophymom10:

Hello all!!! I'm Ruthy and my husband and are doing foster to adopt. We have completed 90% of our process now we are ready to welcome a baby in our home! I have a different perspective on adoption. When I was 15 I placed a baby boy up for adoption.. I have an open adoption, and have had every opportunity to watch my son grow up! I feel like my life has come full circle. Now that I am walking in my sons adoptive mothers shoes; I finally understand her. I am raising my husbands children from his first marriage as well as pursuing my bachelors in social work.

DreyandSeanMom
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Good morning, my name is Ashley and I am married to Bob.  We have 2 little boys that we adopted both from foster care (bio-brothers). They are 3 and 4 years old.  We hope to adopt again in the future :o)

3carolina
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Hello! This site was recomended by a friend who has adopted a few children. My spouse and I are new to the Virginia area. We are a military family. We were licensed in California, but he got orders which means we have to start all over in Virginia. 

We are hoping to adopt a 0-2 year old of any gender or racial background. We would like to have 2 children at some point. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 7, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Ruthy, I'm really excited about the different perspectives you will bring to our group. I hope you will jump right in and share as you feel comfortable... Especially as we have very few first moms in the group, I always appreciate hearing from that point of view.

Quoting trophymom10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tynan7
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Hi, My name is Pam I am almost 52 and married. I have 5 adopted children ages 5,8,9,14,15. They were all newborns when they were placed into our home. I also have 2 older children ages 26 and 28 with 3 grandchildren.

Life is sure busy, and I am looking to get to know other moms and share experiences with teen children and also the younger ones.

I have been a stay-at-home for almost 16 years. My youngest will be in all day school next year and I am not sure what to do with myself. I need time to myself but might need to work. There is not much alone time for me or hubby. I feel like we have to get to know each other all over again.

Hoping to hear from someone, anyone please. LOL

meam4444
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Welcome to the group, Ruthy! 

Quoting trophymom10:

meam4444
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Welcome to the group Ashley! 

Quoting DreyandSeanMom:

Good morning, my name is Ashley and I am married to Bob.  We have 2 little boys that we adopted both from foster care (bio-brothers). They are 3 and 4 years old.  We hope to adopt again in the future :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)