Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 3/4

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
  • 8 Replies

Have you done your taxes yet? 

We finally got ours done yesterday. Whew...what a relief since we rely on that money to help pay for the kids' tuition and that is due by June. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Yep, and we've already spent our state refund on a kitchen remodel (in progress)!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malley
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM
No, still need to get the SS cards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DJAKoala
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Yes,we recieved our money a few days ago. Paying off some bills,put some aside for vacation,get the boys a few extras.Using some for remodeling the boys rooms.
meam4444
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Ooh how nice!! 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Yep, and we've already spent our state refund on a kitchen remodel (in progress)!

meam4444
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Yep, we filed a few weeks ago.  I am so happy we are done with it...taxes always stress me out.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Desperately needed. We had flowered wallpaper with rooster border, cabinets that wouldn't close, and dinged-up laminate counters. We moved into this house last spring, and it has been top of the list! So glad to finally be working on it. :-)

Quoting meam4444:

Ooh how nice!! 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ARgal
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Desperately needed. We had flowered wallpaper with rooster border, cabinets that wouldn't close, and dinged-up laminate counters. We moved into this house last spring, and it has been top of the list! So glad to finally be working on it. :-)

Quoting meam4444:

Ooh how nice!! 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

What fun!  I love remodeling, landscaping, and even just small cosmetic changes that add personal touches on a house.  It is such a fun process and it really customizes the home as "yours."  It takes time to save up the money to do it, but it sure is rewarding!   

Good luck with your remodel.  I hope it turns out to be perfect for your family!!!

simple smile

"A baby is a miraculous gift from God, no matter how one receives it. Some are given the ability bear them, others the ability to rear them."

ARgal
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM

DH completed the worksheet for the accountant today.  We have to pay this year.  We took advantage of the Roth conversion loophole in 2010 and converted one of our traditional IRAs into a Roth.  Now, we have to pay taxes on the entire converted balance.  We can spread the tax burden over two years, but we are trying to pay the entire taxable amount this year (we hope).  Wish us luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)