Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

April Randoms!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:27 PM
  • 14 Replies

What's on your mind today, this week, this month?

confused

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Isaacsmom913
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Three years ago on the 8th I found out I was pregnant...the 8th is my Dad's birthday...and this years it's Easter.  Even though we have Isaac, we had that baby for 7w 1d, and I always find the arrival of April bitter sweet...

Malley
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Three years ago on the 8th I found out I was pregnant...the 8th is my Dad's birthday...and this years it's Easter.  Even though we have Isaac, we had that baby for 7w 1d, and I always find the arrival of April bitter sweet...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Of course you love and cherish Isaac, but it's understandable to still mourn the loss of your baby. (((HUGS))) to you this weekend.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I am planting seedlings of my own for the first time ever this year... Kind of nervous! My tomatoes have sprouted, and my beans a little bit. Nothing on the peppers yet. I also bought zucchini and cucumber seeds last weekend, but it's not warm enough for those guys yet.

I hope I get something out of all these plants... Not exactly known for my green thumb.

meam4444
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM

hugs

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

meam4444
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM

How exciting!!  I just thought today that I need to get going on my garden!  I love this time of year.  I am sure your garden will turn out well--I have no green thumb at all, and my gardens tend to do well (oddly enough!) although this is the first year I will have it with out my MIL around.  I think she secretly came over and tended my garden hence the good outcome of it.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I am planting seedlings of my own for the first time ever this year... Kind of nervous! My tomatoes have sprouted, and my beans a little bit. Nothing on the peppers yet. I also bought zucchini and cucumber seeds last weekend, but it's not warm enough for those guys yet.

I hope I get something out of all these plants... Not exactly known for my green thumb.

Isaacsmom913
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Every year I say "I'm going to plant flowers..."  this year we actually have enough property to plant BOTH flowers and veggies...but I'm already thinking its too late...we're in PA so I'm sure I shoudl have already started them.  Good luck with yours!!!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Hmm... Is your MIL looking to make it to the east coast? I could use a covert garden helper... LOL!

Quoting meam4444:

How exciting!!  I just thought today that I need to get going on my garden!  I love this time of year.  I am sure your garden will turn out well--I have no green thumb at all, and my gardens tend to do well (oddly enough!) although this is the first year I will have it with out my MIL around.  I think she secretly came over and tended my garden hence the good outcome of it.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Buy seedlings at the hardware store or nursery - it's definitely not too late for that! This is the first year I've tried seeds... Usually I buy the seedlings in May or June and plant them directly in the ground. It's definitely not too late for that, you're not that far south of me...

Or just enjoy your summer! :-) It's nice to not stress about gardening all the time, too.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Every year I say "I'm going to plant flowers..."  this year we actually have enough property to plant BOTH flowers and veggies...but I'm already thinking its too late...we're in PA so I'm sure I shoudl have already started them.  Good luck with yours!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Oh how I wish!  She passed on the day after Marcus was born in October.  She didn't tell anyone about her possibility of having cancer until a few months before she was diagnosed and she was diagnosed a year ago (probably almost to date).  It moved pretty fast at the end.

I did want to talk with her at the end about my garden and how she doesn't have to take care of it anymore!  lol!  But, I never got around to it.  We lived right next door, and she was quite the gardener...she probably looked at mine with pity and snuck over (since one time I did catch her with the garden hose at my garden lol!!).  I think I am missing her more at this time of year since we are usually both outside together and while we both live on acreages with a good amount of land, we still saw each other working.  And, she was good at giving me tips too!

Who knows..you might just have a neighbor helper too.  :)

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Hmm... Is your MIL looking to make it to the east coast? I could use a covert garden helper... LOL!

Quoting meam4444:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)