Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

My awwww moment today

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

As some of you know, we are a religious family. Our Faith is very important to us and our children are being raised in our Church and in Private Christian School. 

Well, this morning, I was taking Lilly to school. Karli pipes up from the back seat and says " Mommy, can I go up to the moon and see Jesus and God?" ... 

I chuckled a little and thought, what a sweet baby! Then, I had the arduous task of trying to explain to a 3 year old how you see Jesus...through accepting Him and then dying... she is NOT getting it yet. 

It's a start though..

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
meam4444
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Awww!! Doesn't it make you feel great as a mom?

I love it when my girls say similar things-- the other day, Lu told me something which was said during the sermon during church on Sunday, and I couldn't believe that she actually was listening and took something away from it. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

It is hard to find the words to explain miracles to our little concrete thinkers, isn't it? Right now my son is really hung up on the fishes and the loaves, but even with illustrations, I'm not sure that he totally gets that Jesus took very small amounts and made it into food for thousands...

Malley
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Awww. Derek loves going to church. One time I told my dh that I had so much going on I was considering skipping church and going to WalMart to grocery shop. Derek was horrified and insisted we had to go to church. But  I don't know how much sinks in. The other day I asked him if he thought Jesus would be happy to see him tease his little brother and he said yes!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Quoting meam4444:

Awww!! Doesn't it make you feel great as a mom?

I love it when my girls say similar things-- the other day, Lu told me something which was said during the sermon during church on Sunday, and I couldn't believe that she actually was listening and took something away from it. 

I love it. Lilly is such an intuitive little monkey and has already accepted Christ- at the age of 5. Karli is still trying to piece it all together so I know at 3.5 she is not ready to make that committment yet. I hope that she does one day though. 

That is great that Lu was able to receive what was said in Church and talk to you about it! 

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

It is hard to find the words to explain miracles to our little concrete thinkers, isn't it? Right now my son is really hung up on the fishes and the loaves, but even with illustrations, I'm not sure that he totally gets that Jesus took very small amounts and made it into food for thousands...

Yes... I constantly find myself struggling to explain deep thoughts to these 2...sigh....

I just read that Chapter this morning in Matthew! It is so hard to concieve that He took such a small amount and was able to feed over 5K people, but.... God is amazing! 

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Quoting Malley:

Awww. Derek loves going to church. One time I told my dh that I had so much going on I was considering skipping church and going to WalMart to grocery shop. Derek was horrified and insisted we had to go to church. But  I don't know how much sinks in. The other day I asked him if he thought Jesus would be happy to see him tease his little brother and he said yes!

I know what you mean... mine freak if I say I want to skip AWANA since I'm too worn out.. we always end up going though- mainly since I'm a Cubbies leader, but they love going so much. 

ROFL about Derek! That is funny- thought about like a true little boy. 

Claire

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)