Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Two Weeks...IRS update...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

Supposedly we will have our tax return information in two weeks. Of course that doesn't mean they will release the funds-just htat we will have an answer in 14 days. 

I'm so over it. 

At our adoption support group meeting yesterday a woman with 2 adopted kiddos said they waited SIX MONTHS and had to send a letter from their attorney, FOUR certified copies of their adoption certs, and the COMPLETE billing from the attorney.

So this was the help we got from the senator...whoopie.

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Awww....hugs Susan! I hope you find something out soon!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

meam4444
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I'm sorry.  ((hugs))

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Hopefully the answer you get in 14 days will be final... Not another ever-changing date. GL! It's so crazy that this is such a mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DreyandSeanMom
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I recieved a letter earlier this week saying they had until June 2nd to answer us one whether we qualify for the credit! Which we do... So good luck!

Softball_Mom_4
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM
We filed out adoption tax credit in November for 08 09 and 10 we adopted our son in 08 and didnt know abou this credit untill a friend told me so we took everythkng to h&r block and we have gotten 08 but there has been a hold up on 09 and 10 they keep losing one paper for both years it's the adoption tax one in our tax paper work very strange so as of last Friday they closed ours and sent ou a letter we still haven't gotten we called irs and they reopened it and we go to fax it to them
They have everything now and even though it's already been 6 months it could still take 8-12 more week to process were so over this it's very crazy the amout of time it takes them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animarie03
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:55 PM

It took us about 6-7 months to get the adoption credit portion of our refund.  Along with sending the paperwork/info more than once.  It's definitely a hassle, which it shouldn't be.  The year before we had no issues at all!  Hopefully you get yours taken care of really soon :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)