Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Permanent Adoption Tax Credit?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just received this from our area foster parent support group:

From the North American Council on Adoptable Children

Rep. Braley Will Introduce Bill to Make the Tax Credit Permanent and Refundable

On April 9, Rep. Bill Braley (D-IA) announced that he plans to introduce the Making Adoption Affordable Act, a bill that will permanently expand the adoption tax credit to $13,360 and make it refundable. At a local press event in Waterloo, Iowa, Braley said, "When a policy puts more kids in good families and also saves taxpayers millions of dollars in the process, renewing it should be a no-brainer.  Expanding the adoption tax credit makes even more sense and will help even more parents and children."

NACAC will closely follow the bill and any similiar legislation and will keep our network fully informed about actions they can take to work for passage.

Read more about Rep. Braley's announcement

Interesting... I wonder what will come of this, if anything? Just thought I'd share since I know many in this group are interested in the conversation around the adoption tax credit.

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Interesting!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

R2ch231
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I'm loving the idea!!
arthistmom
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

A politician suggesting something that will actually help families?! Whoa! Will definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Malley
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope it happens! It's a blessing for us because we didn't expect to adopt so had no funds saved up for it.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I also think it would be a great blessing... Most families I know love their (foster) kids and would adopt them no matter what. I know we feel that way. But being able to have this kind of $ to set aside for medical costs, college funds, future therapies or other needs, etc would go a long way in many cases.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

good

JackelineEllis
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Interesting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)