Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

This week's Mom of the Week is... (4/16-4/22)

To get started...

What is your name?

How many kids do you have, and what are their ages?

If you're a member of the adoption "triad", what role are you? (Amom, bmom, or adoptee?)

If not, what has been your experience with adoption?

Do you have any pets?

What are your hobbies?

Any group member can add to this post by asking your questions for adopted3, and she will be stopping by to answer them throughout the week. This is our chance to get to know another group member just a little bit better. :)

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Replies (31-39):
meam4444
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM

What season is your favorite?

meam4444
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM

What's your best childhood memory?

adopted3
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Are you reading any books at the moment? Any book recommendations you'd like to share?

Quoting adopted3:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

What would you do with an afternoon to yourself?

If I have the afternoon to myself I usually read a book or write another couple of pages for the book I am writing.  I do (rarely) love to go to the spa and get a massage though!

I am pretty eclectic when it comes to reading, I read almost anything that is put in front of me!  Some of my favorites recently are Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen (history), Hunger Games, and Fair Game by Patricia Briggs. 

Rebecca

Happiness isn't a destination you can reach, it's your attitude on the journey.

adopted3
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Quoting meam4444:

What season is your favorite?

It's a toss up between spring and fall, I love them both!

Rebecca

adopted3
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quoting meam4444:

I honestly can't think of one memory but I am the oldest of 11 and we are all very close so all of my great memories involve my sisters and brothers.  One of my kids' favorite things is that they have so many aunts, uncles and cousins and I love that the cousins all get along so well and love each other so much even though they range in age from 6 months to 15 years old (11 total so far)!

Rebecca

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I love The Hunger Games! But I've already raved about those books in this group, so I'll restrain myself. :-)

Quoting adopted3:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Are you reading any books at the moment? Any book recommendations you'd like to share?

Quoting adopted3:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

What would you do with an afternoon to yourself?

If I have the afternoon to myself I usually read a book or write another couple of pages for the book I am writing.  I do (rarely) love to go to the spa and get a massage though!

I am pretty eclectic when it comes to reading, I read almost anything that is put in front of me!  Some of my favorites recently are Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen (history), Hunger Games, and Fair Game by Patricia Briggs. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:53 PM
That's a big family! Do you all live close enough that it's easy to spend time together?

Quoting adopted3:

Quoting meam4444:

I honestly can't think of one memory but I am the oldest of 11 and we are all very close so all of my great memories involve my sisters and brothers.  One of my kids' favorite things is that they have so many aunts, uncles and cousins and I love that the cousins all get along so well and love each other so much even though they range in age from 6 months to 15 years old (11 total so far)!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adopted3
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I usually see 1 or more a week, all but 1 brother live within 30 miles, he lives about 700 miles away but is moving back next year, we can't wait!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

That's a big family! Do you all live close enough that it's easy to spend time together?

Quoting adopted3:

Quoting meam4444:

Rebecca

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Last day for questions and answers! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)