Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Do you share photos...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM
  • 8 Replies
Do you have any personal policies about sharing photos of your children online? Do you do it? Do you only share on restricted sites? Not at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrsminter
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:19 PM

This is something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. I will probably set up a secure Shutterfly or Picasa site to share pics with our parents and siblings but keep them off of FB and my blog. 

Stop by my blog!

January 2009 - TTC 
October 2010 - Unicornuate uterus discovered; infertile. 
February 2011 - DSHS Orientation 
April 2012 - PRIDE Pre-Service Training (27 hours)
April 2012 - First Aid/CPR and BBP/HIV Training (6 hours)
April 2012 - TB Tests 
April 2012 - Paperwork mailed to DSHS! 

meam4444
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:58 PM

It really depends on what the photo is (or how many people in my guesstimation would see it)...I guess I am not overly too free with sharing, but then again, I do share some.  I have watermarked some photos of mine before too.  I refrain from using a photo with my kids as my profile photo.

raleyfamily
by Carla on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I guess I have no fear of showing photos of my children all over the place.  I am so proud of them, I put them everywhere I am!

Carla Raley, wife of Bill, mom of 10, foster mom of more than 50
Visit my blogs for stories of the life of an older mom raising a large family, foster/adoption and homeschooling
http://raleyfamilysfarm.blogspot.com/

http://bookreviewsbycarla.blogspot.com/

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM

our agency displays our profile on line so.. yep!

feralkitten
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM

i do on face book but i have mines privet and check it all the time its set to friends only on everything

i share photo of my bios on here and in a few of my very privet group on here i but photo of the other two i have show photo once or twice in normal group but then i get worried and take them down lol

bm get photo that i email here and possible ones she steals of ct ( bm older daughter in foster care who we see )  as we send ct photo to but there often photo with my bio in them to

i know we made ct a mug with photo of all for of the kids that live with me yet its at bm house I'm still mad about that !!!

Isaacsmom913
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM

My facebook page is completely private (I KNOW I KNOW) so I do share more liberally there-call it a false sense of security.

My blog I have a psuedonym for him and myself., and share photos periodicaly BUT never when its photos with cousins, or others without their permission first.

I know when we have placements (once we complete training) that it will be a NO NO so at that point simply for "security sake" I will stop sharing Isaac's also.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a secure Picasa site for our family, since they all live far away. I did double-check with the CW first, because they are so careful about kids in foster care, but she ok'd it. I am looking forward to being able to post the occasional fb photo after we finalize!

Quoting mrsminter:

This is something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. I will probably set up a secure Shutterfly or Picasa site to share pics with our parents and siblings but keep them off of FB and my blog. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NannaBanana1983
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I have albumns on facebook set up as viewable by certain people *close friends, family* and no one else. And I don't use pics of the kids as my profile picture anywhere. Fortunately, bio parents were not so picky. I was able to save baby pictures of my ds and a few newborn pictures of dd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)