Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

My first post

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi,

I'm new to cafemom.  I am a foster mom, recently single.  I have 2 foster children, ages 1 and 2.  I'm hoping to be able to adopt them sometime later this year or early next year.  I'm still trying to find my routine since my partner left.

I'm hoping to be able to gather information and advice on raising children as they grow through the different stages of their lives.  I never thought I would be a single mom, and definitely not at my age.  It's a challenge, but I'm loving every minute of it, even the stressful chaos that sometimes ensues!

Thanks for listening...

Goalie17ls

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
feralkitten
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the group sorry  about your dh

but never mind him you got two lovely kids to care for and there plenty more men/ girls  out there lol

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Welcome to our group. I'm sorry to hear about your relationship, that is hard. I hope you and the kids will be able to find a routine soon. I know we have some amazing single moms in this group, so hopefully it will be a good support for you.

How long have the kids been with you? Has the case moved towards TPR yet or are you still working reunification?

I'm Sarah, and I'm a foster mom to a 4yo boy who we should be adopting by the end of June. He has been with us for almost 2 years, so we're ready to be official. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsminter
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. Sorry about your loss. Here's a bump.

Stop by my blog!

January 2009 - TTC 
October 2010 - Unicornuate uterus discovered; infertile. 
February 2011 - DSHS Orientation 
April 2012 - PRIDE Pre-Service Training (27 hours)
April 2012 - First Aid/CPR and BBP/HIV Training (6 hours)
April 2012 - TB Tests 
April 2012 - Paperwork mailed to DSHS! 

Goalie17ls
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Hi Sarah,

Both children have been with us for over a year now (the 13-month old came to us when she was a month old).  They are biological brother and sister.  My partner of 7 years moved out last month.  I think the reality of being a stay at home mother was too much for her.

We've already had goal change and the TPR has been filed, but I am still waiting for a TPR court date.  There are some other things going on as well, but I'm hoping and praying for adoption by the end of the year.  Of course it always seems to be longer than expected, but all good things take time, right?  :)

The end of June?  That is awesome! That's right around corner!  Good luck and keep us updated.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Welcome to our group. I'm sorry to hear about your relationship, that is hard. I hope you and the kids will be able to find a routine soon. I know we have some amazing single moms in this group, so hopefully it will be a good support for you.

How long have the kids been with you? Has the case moved towards TPR yet or are you still working reunification?

I'm Sarah, and I'm a foster mom to a 4yo boy who we should be adopting by the end of June. He has been with us for almost 2 years, so we're ready to be official. :-)

seaniesmommie87
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Welcome to the group! I think you will find through strength and this group that everything is possible. This group has been a god send for me through out this entire process. Good luck with things!

meam4444
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Welcome to the group!  We are all here for you.  (hugs)

Malley
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I'm so sorry about your partner. I know I said that already, but 7 years and 1 year into parenting is a lot to walk away from. :-( It sounds like you have a lot of uncertainty in many big areas of life... Hoping you have some solid supports around you during this time.

We actually went through a contested TPR trial where I had to testify last fall. It was rough. I'll say a prayer that the judge acts in the best interest of your kiddos.

I also really recommend joining the foster/adoptive parenting group here on CM. There are a number of people who are active in this group as well, but I find it to be another great resource.

And you know, it's only April... End of the year doesn't seem out of the question at all! Really glad to "meet" you, and I'll look forward to hearing more of your story and/or lending a supportive ear in the future!

Quoting Goalie17ls:

Hi Sarah,

Both children have been with us for over a year now (the 13-month old came to us when she was a month old).  They are biological brother and sister.  My partner of 7 years moved out last month.  I think the reality of being a stay at home mother was too much for her.

We've already had goal change and the TPR has been filed, but I am still waiting for a TPR court date.  There are some other things going on as well, but I'm hoping and praying for adoption by the end of the year.  Of course it always seems to be longer than expected, but all good things take time, right?  :)

The end of June?  That is awesome! That's right around corner!  Good luck and keep us updated.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Welcome to the group!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)