Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

So, what do you lovely ladies have in store for this weekend? Any fun plans? Work? Kids' games? Mini trips? 

I will be leaving to take Lilly to school in a few minutes, then it is off to the Allergist for my 2nd set of injections this week, then to the bank. After I go to the bank, I have to go to Atlanta to the International Market for some things. When I come home, I have to workout, clean like a fiend, eat lunch, shower, go get Lilly from school, come home and clean some more before we go out to dinner and to a new frozen yogurt place. Heath is taking us out for a belated birthday dinner since I had AWANA on Wednesday and we couldn't go out then. 

Tomorrow morning, I have to pick up my produce from a co-op, finish picking up the house, and then get everything ready and packed up to go to Stone Mountain for the afternoon and to see the laser show. Our Sunday School group is meeting there around 3ish, walking the mountain and seeing the laser show that night. We won't get home until around 11 or so. 

Sunday, I have to get up early and make a Tres Leches Cake, and prep some things for lunch. Then, get myself and the kids ready for Church. After Church, we have 2 other families coming over for lunch. 

I'm going to pass out after everyone leaves on Sunday evening! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Quoting meam4444:

Right now, my husband, myself and two kids are sick...so I think we are most likely going to hang out at home this weekend.  We were supposed to go to a baptism tomorrow and then a few other things planned, but I don't see that happening unless we are all cured tomorrow.

Oh no! I hope all of you feel better soon Marlena!

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Quoting harmony7:

Ahh dont be sick! not good! Sounds like fun Sarah!. Park sounds fun and Busy weekend Claire!

I work from home and because I am leaving one company and going to another one I am working two jobs half way until I can get settled again. Did a lot of bidding yesterday but Friday is usually pretty quiet. Have one more bid to get out but waiting on numbers. I Love Love working from home!

DD is 5 cm dilated and 100% effaced for three days now...so we are on baby watch. She is doing wonderful slowly laboring at home and checking in from time to time with her doctor to have things checked out. I am her Dulla so waiting on that phone call! I am so proud of how she is handling things. This is her second baby and my second grandchild, another grandson aka Jonah.

Older teens just finished high school soccer which has eaten most of our time up the last three months...so they don't know it yet but tomorrow is a work day- yard work and house work and garden needs to be weeded and a strand of barb wire needs to be put up in the horse pasture....but that is what they do so I hand them money like it grows on trees.

Sunday is church and a nap :+)

Let us know when your dd has that precious little guy! 

Have a great weekend!

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Quoting jen1130:

Enjoying the day....checking out all the work that has been done around here in the last few weeks...shop is finished(built) ,basketball court done,sidewalk, 900 sqft foundation for our addition to be done next month. The fence guys are out right now getting all the fence poles to get the fence done: )

Sounds like good progress to me! 

Have a great weekend!

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Quoting Malley:

Tomorrow the YMCA is having a kid's day nearby and I plan to take the kids and check it out.

Cool! We don't have a local YMCA around here so we don't get to partake of any fun things they do. Y'all have fun!

Claire

meam4444
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Aww thanks.  It looks like we have another child with it too now.  Apparently, this virus is highly contagious since 5/6 of us now have it...I am hoping the bfing will help prevent Marcus from getting it due to my antibodies being transferred to him.  Hope you are staying healthy. <3

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Feel better! Or at least I hope you or DH does get miraculously cured... It's so hard to be sick as a parent. :-( Hoping you can get some rest!

Quoting meam4444:

Right now, my husband, myself and two kids are sick...so I think we are most likely going to hang out at home this weekend.  We were supposed to go to a baptism tomorrow and then a few other things planned, but I don't see that happening unless we are all cured tomorrow.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Quoting meam4444:

Aww thanks.  It looks like we have another child with it too now.  Apparently, this virus is highly contagious since 5/6 of us now have it...I am hoping the bfing will help prevent Marcus from getting it due to my antibodies being transferred to him.  Hope you are staying healthy. <3

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Feel better! Or at least I hope you or DH does get miraculously cured... It's so hard to be sick as a parent. :-( Hoping you can get some rest!

Quoting meam4444:

Oh no! I hope Marcus is able to stay well too! 

Claire

meam4444
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Thanks Claire--hope you have a great weekend!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting meam4444:

Oh no! I hope all of you feel better soon Marlena!

mommy2kaelynn
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM

We went to Disneyland last night and have shoping and a birthday party , plus a ceramic studio night today. Tomorrow is going to be quiet - as hubby has a Plen Aire painting session till about 2pm - then we might do something as a family - go to the pool, or back to DL for rides she didn't get last night, and of course cooking ahead a bit for the upcoming week.

Malley
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Sounds like fun!

Quoting mommy2kaelynn:

We went to Disneyland last night and have shoping and a birthday party , plus a ceramic studio night today. Tomorrow is going to be quiet - as hubby has a Plen Aire painting session till about 2pm - then we might do something as a family - go to the pool, or back to DL for rides she didn't get last night, and of course cooking ahead a bit for the upcoming week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malley
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM
This is crazy, but I couldn't find the event. There were several events going on in the complex, but no signs for the Y.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Malley:

Tomorrow the YMCA is having a kid's day nearby and I plan to take the kids and check it out.

Cool! We don't have a local YMCA around here so we don't get to partake of any fun things they do. Y'all have fun!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)