Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

SAHM or WM OR WAHM? 

I'm a SAHM. I worked from the age of 17 until I was 31. I had planned on staying home with Kahlan, but when we lost her, I went back to work to drown my sorrows and to start saving for our adoption. When we brought Lilly home, I was determined to stay home since I knew she needed me and we had to form an attachment. I loved being home with her and then I found out I was pregnant with Karli. I decided I would stay home until the kids were in school full time and then go back to work. 

I love being home with my girls. I do have to say, that I have found a new hobby that I would love to turn into a business though. I know that I don't want to go back to the restaurant business and that being a Personal Trainer would be a dream come true. I have until 2013 until both my girls are in school full time so I willl stay home until then. I'm trying to talk Heath into me getting my certifications in order to become a Personal Trainer and then maybe go back to school for Exercise Physiology. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Replies (11-17):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Quoting raleyfamily:

I'm a stay at home mom and always have been since my first child was born.  I have worked at home off and on by running a day care center at home.  That was nice, and if I ever had to make money again, that's what I would do.  Right now I sell eggs to an organic shop near me where one of my sons work, and I sell stuff on Etsy.  None of that makes much money though.  I am planning on expanding the egg part, but it will be next year before the chicks are old enough to really lay.

You sound like a jack of all trades Carla! 

Side note- we went to a farm for a field trip last week and my girls fell in love with the baby chicks! Thew were adorably cute in all of their fluffiness! 

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Quoting aprilz1225:

I'd hire ya! any time...  that job suits you well! i know how much suport you give me with my weight loss.. THANK YOU!!!!  after summer break i will be looking for a job too. Finding anything that goes around a child/childrens school while hubby works out of town alot, is tuff and when i do find it, it's not worth the gas.

Awww...that's sweet gal! You're very welcome! Yeah, it's hard when your spouse is gone a lot. Luckily, when Heath traveled, we were DINKS. I was alone 3 weeks out of the month, so when he would come home, I would look at him and ask when he was leaving again. LOL... we did that for gosh, 4 years before we went to China. Heath told them he was not traveling anymore once we got our Travel Invitation from China. He has only gone out of town 1 time since Karli was born 3.5 years ago! He works from home and has for the past 5 years. Our first 4 yrs of marriage he was in the AF, then he came home and worked in Atlanta for about 2 years before he started working from home and traveling. Then, he went back to remotely working at home. After 16 years of marriage, he's been working at home for 12 of them collectively in between trips. My kids are so spoiled with both of us home all day long! 

Claire

Isaacsmom913
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM

SEMI-SAHM.  I say semi because I have a job on Sun/Monday but the hours are set by the number of babies there are to photograph at any given time.

Yesterday I worked from 8:30-12:30 and today 9-11.  Not a bad gig!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

SEMI-SAHM.  I say semi because I have a job on Sun/Monday but the hours are set by the number of babies there are to photograph at any given time.

Nice! 

Claire

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Are you still enjoying this? I think it sounds like such fun, to share in some very happy times with the families.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Oh my gosh, my son could not get enough of the baby chicks at preschool last year. I guess he had to be restricted from showing them too much love. :-) We're thinking of doing chickens in the next couple of years...

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting raleyfamily:

I'm a stay at home mom and always have been since my first child was born.  I have worked at home off and on by running a day care center at home.  That was nice, and if I ever had to make money again, that's what I would do.  Right now I sell eggs to an organic shop near me where one of my sons work, and I sell stuff on Etsy.  None of that makes much money though.  I am planning on expanding the egg part, but it will be next year before the chicks are old enough to really lay.

You sound like a jack of all trades Carla! 

Side note- we went to a farm for a field trip last week and my girls fell in love with the baby chicks! Thew were adorably cute in all of their fluffiness! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isaacsmom913
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Very much so!  For the most part all the moms are a blast-but periodically you get one that is difficult.  The only ones that annoy me are the ones who "shaddow" my moves--If I bump into your c-section incision when I crouch down because you're closer to me than an umpire is to the catcher at a baseball game it could be problematic....

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Are you still enjoying this? I think it sounds like such fun, to share in some very happy times with the families.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)