Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

This week's Mom of the Week is... (4/30-5/6)

To get started...

What is your name?

How many kids do you have, and what are their ages?

If you're a member of the adoption "triad", what role are you? (Amom, bmom, or adoptee?)

If not, what has been your experience with adoption?

Do you have any pets?

What are your hobbies?

Any group member can add to this post by asking your questions for SarahSuzyQ, and she will be stopping by to answer them throughout the week. This is our chance to get to know another group member just a little bit better. :)

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM

One of our cats is actually kind of similar to those fainting goats, but it's a totally different disorder... Search around YouTube for cerebellar hypoplasia cats if you want more info. Our Wilbur is a special guy.

Quoting aprilz1225:

lol.. i told my hubby the other day i wanted one that faints!!! lol

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

My favorite animal for a pet is definitely a cat... I've always been a big cat person! Though now that we own our own home I'm wanting to try my hand at raising goats... I'm sure this group will hear about that if it ever happens!

Quoting aprilz1225:

you have pets, so what is your favorite animal

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 2, 2012 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Not really... I'm not great at keeping up with celebrities. I did really love Zachary Levi in Chuck, so maybe him?

Quoting aprilz1225:

do you have a celebertiy crush?

Zachary Levi as Chuck...the best show ever. I was so sad when it ended. I cried at the end. Dh and I watched every single episode. I can't wait to see what he does next. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

harmony7
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:26 AM

What kind of goats? Dwarfs are so  much fun as little pets. All goats are escape artist so better have a good fence!

What kind of things do you do as a family to relax and just have fun?

Where is your favorite vacation spot?

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with six still at home!
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 8:02 AM
We have sort of a standing disagreement in our house about the series finale... Caleb is absolutely certain that the kiss worked, and I don't like not knowing. I'm a skeptic. Sigh... I miss Chuck!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Not really... I'm not great at keeping up with celebrities. I did really love Zachary Levi in Chuck, so maybe him?

Quoting aprilz1225:

Zachary Levi as Chuck...the best show ever. I was so sad when it ended. I cried at the end. Dh and I watched every single episode. I can't wait to see what he does next. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I don't know what kind of goats - do you have a recommendation? I do like the dwarfs. Maybe some kind of dairy goat? I haven't researched too much since I'm still a year or two away from making it happen...

Quoting harmony7:

What kind of goats? Dwarfs are so  much fun as little pets. All goats are escape artist so better have a good fence!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 2, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

We have sort of a standing disagreement in our house about the series finale... Caleb is absolutely certain that the kiss worked, and I don't like not knowing. I'm a skeptic. Sigh... I miss Chuck!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting aprilz1225:

You guys are exactly like Heath and I! Heath said the kiss was the pefect ending as it alludes to the fact that she still loved him, etc....Me?? I want more!!! I LOVE Chuck and was sooo disappointed that there was no "happy ending". Bleh. 

Claire

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 8:07 AM
As a family we like to go hiking, have campfires in our backyard, play games or video games, or go to the local beach. :-)

I'm not sure about a favorite vacation spot... Hubby's family likes North Carolina, which is fine with me. I also love Acadia National Park, and the Rocky Mountains. And I'd love to visit more tropical locations. :-) I guess I'd rather see more new places than go back to the same location each time.

Quoting harmony7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Thank you! Men. What do they know? (Although nerdy guys were the shows target demographic... Guess they nailed it, lol.)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting aprilz1225:

You guys are exactly like Heath and I! Heath said the kiss was the pefect ending as it alludes to the fact that she still loved him, etc....Me?? I want more!!! I LOVE Chuck and was sooo disappointed that there was no "happy ending". Bleh. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:12 AM
bump

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 2, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Thank you! Men. What do they know? (Although nerdy guys were the shows target demographic... Guess they nailed it, lol.)

Is Caleb a nerd too?? Heath is a computer geek. He goes out 1-2 times per week with his friends, but the kicker is that he is playing geek games instead of going out drinking at the club. LOL...Last night he went to a friend's house to play Dungeons and Dragons. He buys games from a website called : geekgames.net if that tells you anything about my boy. LOL 

It definitely appealed to the nerds, but it appealed to everyone else too since it was just well written and funny.

Claire

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN