Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

This week's Mom of the Week is... (4/30-5/6)

To get started...

What is your name?

How many kids do you have, and what are their ages?

If you're a member of the adoption "triad", what role are you? (Amom, bmom, or adoptee?)

If not, what has been your experience with adoption?

Do you have any pets?

What are your hobbies?

Any group member can add to this post by asking your questions for SarahSuzyQ, and she will be stopping by to answer them throughout the week. This is our chance to get to know another group member just a little bit better. :)

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:28 AM

What is your favorite time of day... sun rise or sunset?

meam4444
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:02 AM

If you had a day to treat yourself, what would you do?

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Is this a real MOTW question: "Is your husband a nerd?" ;-)

Yes, I would say he is, though a different type than Heath. Caleb is very interested in computers, software, new technology, and machinery. His favorite magazine is Popular Science. He is in the process of computerizing our garage door so we can open it directly from our Android phones. Etc. :-)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Thank you! Men. What do they know? (Although nerdy guys were the shows target demographic... Guess they nailed it, lol.)

Is Caleb a nerd too?? Heath is a computer geek. He goes out 1-2 times per week with his friends, but the kicker is that he is playing geek games instead of going out drinking at the club. LOL...Last night he went to a friend's house to play Dungeons and Dragons. He buys games from a website called : geekgames.net if that tells you anything about my boy. LOL 

It definitely appealed to the nerds, but it appealed to everyone else too since it was just well written and funny.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Sunset! I am not a morning person at all, but I love beautiful sunsets. :-)

Quoting aprilz1225:

What is your favorite time of day... sun rise or sunset?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM
I'm not sure... Maybe go for a really challenging hike, which is hard to do with kids? Or lay on the beach and read a book. :-)

My husband is great at giving me time for myself, so I regularly get to hike or scrapbook with friends. I consider those to be ways I treat myself.

Quoting meam4444:

If you had a day to treat yourself, what would you do?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DJAKoala
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Do you have a favorite movie of al time
DJAKoala
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM
What kind of scrapbooking is your favorite
DJAKoala
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Do you have a favorite recipe
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Gosh, of all time... That's hard.

My comfort movie (sick day, sad day, etc) is usually When Harry Met Sally or the first Back to the Future.

A few other movies that I really love are Fight Club, American Beauty, and Chicago... I'd watch those almost any time.

Quoting DJAKoala:

Do you have a favorite movie of al time

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I just do paper scrapbooking. I don't really care for digital. Right now I'm working on an 8x8 album of my son's first year with us, hoping to have it completed so I can give it to him as an adoption gift.

Quoting DJAKoala:

What kind of scrapbooking is your favorite

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)