10 Funny Mom Confessions About Vacationing With Kids! Share Your Confessions!
So, my family and I survived the 16-hour trip from Baltimore to Disney World. Not only did we survive it, we had an absolute blast. It was as close to perfect as a trip with three young kids could possibly be. Hallelujah! But, that's not to say our trips have always been so successful. We've had stomach bugs, flat tires, and ear infections plague many a family trip. Thankfully, just not this one! It seems like, more often than not, family trips aren't all they're cracked up to be.
Forgetting your last one? Check out these confessions from the Scary Mommy Confessional on family vacations. And, plan a solo trip with your spouse ...
1. "The last time we took a family vacation, we ended up coming home three days early because I was so sick of my kids."
2. "My best friend chastised me when we bought an SUV with a DVD player. She just took her first trip without one with her family and I sang 'I told you so' for the whole week after."
3. "We spent our last family vacation at the ER with my son. I felt horrible that his ears were in pain, but more so, I resented that I was missing the beach."
4. "I've put potty-trained kids in a Pamper just to avoid the stop and promised candy to them if they agree to actually pee in it."
5. "My kids wear the same two outfits for a week-long vacation so I don't come home to suitcases full of laundry."
6. "If my son asks, 'Are we there yet?' one more time, I swear I’m going to knock him out."
7. "My son and I were kicked off an airplane once because he was so out of control. I lied to my family and said the flight was cancelled."
8. "Our best friends invited us to their beach house for a week. The idea of being around their kids 24/7 is actually worse than being home alone with mine."
9. "I get 6 weeks paid vacation, but told my husband I only have 3. The idea of 6 weeks with the family? Unthinkable."
10. "My kids have never been on vacation with my husband and me. They must think the world ends with Texas."
Share your confessions!